1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Has your dog ate bar soap?

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by okie girl, Nov 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. okie girl

okie girl Super Boxer

I just got home and found the bar soap on the ground in the bathroom with teeth marks all over it. Goldie was locked in the bathroom. She is know walking around like she needs to throw up making aweful noises. It was dove sensitive skin bar soap and she is only 4mths. do yall think she will be okay?

2. jaimie

jaimie Boxer Insane

She will mostly be throwing up soon. Baylee ate a WHOLE bar of Dove soap. She threw it up all night, bubbles and ALL! :) I called the vet anyway and they told me that as long as she was throwing up she will be fine. But she may start with diarrhea and you will need to call them if that happens. Now, Bay ate the WHOLE bar, and ended up with a few episodes of diarrhea which by the way also happens when kids eat soap. ;) Yes I talk from experience with my kids LOL But she was fine. I hope your baby is feeling better!

3. okie girl

okie girl Super Boxer

Oh thank you for letting me know. She couldn't of ate to much. The bar was just a little smaller and had teeth scrapes all around it. She has not thrown up yet but she stopped hacking. Hope fully she will get it all out and that will be the end of it. I guess I am lucky my child has never ate soap.lol thanks!

4. Macon's Mom

Macon's Mom Completely Boxer Crazy

Oh yes, the soap eaters. What is it with Boxers and soap? Macon has eaten soap a couple of times. She prefers to find the hotel travel soaps in my suitcase or duffle bag. Now that I think of it, I think they were little Dove soap bars :LOL: She was fine, just blowing bubbles in her water bowl and diarrhea I believe. Just keep an eye on her, but I bet everything will be fine.

5. henrysmom

henrysmom Boxer Booster

Yes, Henry has done this too. I ended up calling the national poison hotline ($50) just to find out it would probably not harm him too much.
    He threw up and blew bubbles for about 7 hours total, but it did seem to teach him a lesson. He still likes soap, but will only lick it rather than eat the whole bar! He now prefers toilet roll and much to my horror tampons!

6. Tatertot

Tatertot Completely Boxer Crazy

From what I can see on your avatar, Henrysmom, your Henry looks just like my Spud! Do you have pics to upload?

As for the soap, my boys leave it alone, but my CAT is another story. She also rips apart the toilet paper (while still on the roll) chews on the blinds... she's a devil.

Well, if they ever DO get into the soap, now I know what to do! Hey they are just cleaning their insides!

7. henrysmom

henrysmom Boxer Booster

Tatertot,
    Spud is sooo cute and he does look just like Henry. I haven't seen many boxers with half a white face before. My breeder had his own little names for identifying each pup and he called Henry 'face off" . There were pups with perfect markings but we thought Henry was so cute with his white side of his face.
    Unfortunately I haven't figured out how to change my pics to the right size for uploading.
    I will persevere - I have just as many pics of Henry as a baby as I have of my 2 skinkids!

8. New Mom

New Mom Super Boxer

So far, Jesse has not really had access to soap. I guess I learned my lesson from my last boxer, Jake. He LOVED it...coincidentially, dove soap, lol. Also, we lived in NY at the time and had a problem with deer in our garden. Someone told us to try hanging bars of soap around it and the scent will keep out the deer. WELL...needless to say, Jake had a party with all that soap swinging the breeze, lol. He never got sick and I learned a lesson!

9. agilityboxer

agilityboxer Super Boxer

Soap

Yes, Dove soap is the favorite in my house but Irish Spring will do as well. My two girls just like to unwrap it and lick the corners (so if it's already opened they will leave it alone). Austin however likes to chew them, but only the Dove bar and he never eats it. He just chews on it. That’s why he's my wonder dog, I always wonder what he’s up to! :)

Kelly

Keagen, Kendall and Austin (The Wonder Dog)

10. Coco'smommy

Coco'smommy Boxer Insane

Coco just recently helped herself to an entire bar of Tropical Fresh Zest. She was fine after about 3 days. She had terrible diarhea and threw up A LOT. I felt so sorry for her, she was obviously very sick to her stomach but once she got it all out of her system, she was fine. The only good thing, cleaning up the vomit wasn't too bad because it smelled good..lol :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.