Help, Bad Gas in Boston Terrier!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

steffani72

Boxer Pal
I am aware that several other boxer owners also own boston terriers. Mac is 4 months old, and I my he runs us out of the house... Does anyone have any suggestions about something for this problem? Thanks

schipperj25

Boxer Booster
My friends have a boston terrier and had that problem until they switched to BARF diet. I have no idea about BARF diet but it really seemed to work for them.

conn

Super Boxer
You may just want to try a different type of food or different treats or both..one of these may be the culprit!!

matilda8255

Boxer Insane
try what other boxer owners use..a tablespoon of PLAIN yogurt before his meals
The yogurt should work but I would go with low fat. Conn is right, it is probably a food or treat issue. What are you feeding Mac?

AntJan

Completely Boxer Crazy
We give our boxer a teaspoon of plain, low fat yogurt with her meals, and it really does work. Try it with your Boston. Let us know how it goes!

bustermom

Boxer Insane
I used to think my darling little Boston had gas, but then it occurred to me that she only had attacks while sitting in her dad's lap...and he was always very quick to point at Maggie with a "she did that!!" Hmmmm...I believe I see a pattern here. :LOL:

Actually, Maggie did have a gas issue years ago when she was eating *gasp* Iams (before I knew any better!). With a healthy food, she's much less gaseous (except when in her dad's lap! :rolleyes: ).

Grain fillers can contribute to gas, and they're a key ingredient in lower quality foods.

steffani72

Boxer Pal
Thank you

Mac is four months old know. I have tried watering his food down to slow him in his eating. I thought it was because he ate so fast. He is on IAMS puppy formula. It did get worse when I was still putting low fat cottage cheese in it. So he no longer gets that. He has been wormed and he just got off meds for intestinal bacteria. We have down reg, fecals and a smear. That is when we found the bacteria. I will try the yogurt. I hope it works. This little puppy can make your eyes burn and run you out of the house.

Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.