Hello!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I adopted Rusty from the Boxer rescue league of MS 3 months ago. He is a 5 year old flashy fawn male. He was supposedly treated very poorly by his last owners(I use the word owners not to show possession but because they weren't much of a family to him). Rusty was about 20 lbs. underweight when my fiancee and I brought him home. He has gained 14 lbs since then and lives like a king. I work at an orphanage that is located on about 200 acres and he goes to work with me everyday. Rusty stays with Cindy(my fiancee)at night and has his choice of sleeping arrangements: couch, in Cindy's bed or his own doggy bed. He is quite happy and gets along well with other dogs and children. He is still very skittish around people he has never met(we believe this is a holdover from the poor treatment Rusty received from the previous "lack of" care givers). I hope to meet more boxer lovers soon. C'ya, justin

Robyn

Completely Boxer Crazy
Welcome Justin, glad to have you and Rusty here! That is so cool that you can take him with you to work. I'm so glad you chose rescue. My Cooper is a rescue too! I'm sorry to here that Rusty has not always had a great life but it sure sounds like you and Cindy are making up for it now!

I am probably going to sound stupid and I know this is just ignorance but, I did not know there were "real" orphanages in the United States. How many children are there? What is the age span? Gosh that is just soo sad :(.

------------------
Robyn
Cooper, 5-11-99
Red fawn, neutered male, floppy and docked
http://hometown.aol.com/mnrbedsaul/myhomepage/pet.html
Mugzy, fawn, neutered male, cropped and docked rainbow bridge Sept. 98

Robyn,
Yes, there are still orphanages in the U.S. We have about 95 kids here. The ages range from 4 to 19. Not all the kids here are orpans; some come from abusive and neglective families. We also have a program for children with behaviour problems. I guess that we would be more accuraely described as a foster care facility.

justin

Julie Davis

Boxer Insane
Hi!
It is so wonderful that you can take your dog to work with you. I have snuck my dog in at my job three times, but I would love to have a job where I could take him every day. Your dog is so lucky to have found someone who will love him and treat him like a king.
Julie

Status
Not open for further replies.