Hello From Upstate NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

lil' Peanut

Boxer Pal
Hello from Upstate NY,

My family and I are the proud new owners of a 7 week old male boxer named Peanut. I have to admit that I really don’t know much about him, he was more of a rescue from a family that didn’t want him, I’m not even sure if he’s 100% boxer. My husband and 5 year old son have been begging me for a boxer for months but I have never had a dog before and was a little nervous. My husband had a dog during his entire life (until me) so with his help, I concord all my fears of being a “dog person”. We have only had Peanut for two days and this may be a premature assessment but he seems to have a very calm and loving soul. He rarely makes a sound and is very cuddly…. we have the love part taken care of now we just have to work on the potty part. I have spent the last few months and days researching as much about the breed as possible and am so excited to find this site, it has been very informative. We really wanted to raise our children teaching them responsibility, love, patience and loyalty and I sincerely hope that Peanut will aid us in doing that. Just to hear my husband speak of the memories he has about his childhood pal “Socks” gives me the reassurance that we made an excellent breed choice for our family.

Cas-per

Boxer Pal
He sounds beautiful.
I too am very new to this site and I have found it fantasic so far.
So much to read and learn with lots of good tips.

So I would like to wish you a warm doggy welcome.

Caspers mum (Lynn)

Rocco's_Mom

Boxer Pal
Welcome

Welcome to BW. We are from upstate too. Where are you from? We live in Clifton Park right outside of Albany. I hope you find this website as helpful as I have. Your baby sounds beautiful. I am so excited for you and all your fun times coming. Boxers are the best. If I could I would have a houseful of them! Welcome.

maverickpup

Boxer Buddy
Welcome.. I am also really new to BW and I have had my puppy Maverick since last Thursday.. he is adorable, as I can image your little one is too. It is quite a challange having a new puppy, especially if you havn't had a dog before, like both of us.. My partner has a Golden Retreiver and bought her up from a puppy so he gives me a lot of help.. but the sleepless nights starts to take their toll!! hee hee..

Good Luck with lil Peanut

momstaxi

Completely Boxer Crazy
I know you made the right choice. boxers are great family pets and there's no better friend for a kid than his pup! I am from Upstate NY too, near Syracuse. Where are you?
Welcome to BW, great site, with tons of information. You'll love it here.
Michele

lacied22

Boxer Buddy
from NY too :)

my husband and I currently live in FL but we're both from a small town between Syracuse and Rochester on the fingerlakes. (Seneca Falls) You're boxer-baby sounds too cute. We're actually picking up our new fur-baby on Saturday and we cant wait to see him.

Poohsmom

Banned
Hi and welcome ! Nothing better than a little boy and his dog :) Can't wait to see his pics!

sue and the kids,Pooh,Bownser,Dozer & Cissy

momstaxi

Completely Boxer Crazy
lacied22
I'm about 20 miles north of syracuse, in a small town Central Square.
Do you know the area?
Michele

momstaxi

Completely Boxer Crazy
lacied
I just saw you used to be from CNY. i've been by Seneca Falls, maybe 1 hr. from us. Don't blame you for moving with the winters here. I'd rather be in Florida too!
Lil Peanut
where are you located?

Status
Not open for further replies.