Hello from Minnesota! Soon to be boxer mom!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goolia83

Boxer Booster
Hey everyone!
This site has been such a blessing! I'm 3 weeks away from having my first puppy and I'm SOO excited! I'm trying to figure out as much as possible before I bring Roxy home so we can get off to a good start. I'm reading a great book and a lot of informaiton from this site.
I have one cat, Howie, who is a 3 year old Tabby/Maincoon mix and I'm hoping they will be buds... He's a pretty social cat and likes to play ALL of the time! Roxy is a Female, Flashy, Fawn with a doced tail and floppy ears that are going to stay that way! I really can't wait to bring her home!
I tried loading some pics, so you can see how cute she is!!!
Hope to talk to some of you soon!
Thanks!
Julie

Miska's Mom

Boxer Pal
Welcome

I am also a new member of Boxer World....and also live in MN - Twin Cities area. I am also looking forward to using this website for helpful tips!

We have had our Boxer for about 5 weeks now. We have had some challenges with crate training but the potty training is really going well. Last week we started Puppy Class. I think that will help a lot, too.

How old will your puppy be when you bring her home?

Miska's Mom

Maxwell's Ma

Boxer Insane
Welcome to BW! I remember waiting to get Maxwell and it seems long, long. Just hang in there and get sleep, sleep. You will definitely need it. My guy will be 13 wks tomorrow and I know the wait was well worth it.

K_J's Dad

Boxer Insane
Hi Julie and Welcome to BW. appicon on your new addition. The wait will seem like forever, but will be worth it. Our cats sort of tolerate the dogs now, but at first they didn't. Looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing Tales from the Tails once Roxy comes home.

Goolia83

Boxer Booster
Roxy will be 9 weeks old when we get her. We had a vacation planned long before we knew we were getting her and the 1st day we can get her is the day before we leave... SO she is going to stay with her mommy and a few other pups for another week.

We are driving 3 hours to get her the day we get back. I'm nervous about the car ride. Especially because it's durring the fear impact time of development. Any thoughts?

Where did you find puppy classes in the Twin Cities. I live by St. Paul. The only thing I've found so far is Petsmart.

I'll take your advice and get some sleep while I can!

Julie

Last edited:
Aaaw! She is sooo cute! Welcome and i know that she will bring joy to your life - you'll never want to live without having a boxer around!

GinsMomma

Boxer Insane
Hello & welcome to BW!
Congratulations on your new pup! I'm sure time seems to be going by slowly!

Miska's Mom

Boxer Pal
We are just doing the puppy classes at PetSmart; however our community also offers classes. The timing just worked out better for us going through PetSmart.

However, our breeder was local - so our car ride wasn't that long, Miska did cry in the car and continued to cry all afternoon and evening (once we we brough her home). The first week was a lot of crying and whining. I felt helpless. In fact, she still whines a lot- esp if she knows we are leaving or if you are ignoring her and she wants you to play.

Good luck!! Can't wait to see photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.