1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from Indiana

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Sam O, May 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam O

Sam O Boxer Pal

My wife and I love our Boxers very much. We had Dempsey a brindle that was our boy but he was diagnosed with a cancerous mass on his brain stem. We were heartbroken with that news and the reality that he was going to be gone one day soon. So we cried and found a new joy in spoiling him every chance we got. He loved all the treats and extra food he got. I stumbled across boxer world at the time as we were sitting at Purdue university waiting to get our boy and go home. I was just looking for as much information on his condition as possible.
    So my wife started passively looking for another boxer. She wanted a pup and I was pushing toward an older rescue boxer. She fell in absolute love with an all white pup in Illinois about 4 hours from our home. So in January, Aspen became the new member of our family. Aspen and Dempsey became fast friends and even with the cancer Dempsey kept up with the little guy. I started looking at local rescues in our area and happened to find a fawn female boxer that was in the next town over. We took Dempsey to the big chain pet store that sponsors the rescue group on the weekends to meet Dallas. Well Dallas was not there due to healing from her spay on Friday. We talked with the woman in charge of the adoptions and she basically told us Dallas could come home with us next Saturday if she was all healed. I got stuck at work that next Saturday and my wife went back and met Dallas with Dempsey. They were very friendly and all was going good until the lady said where's Aspen? He needs to meet Dallas too. So my wife takes Dempsey home and gets Aspen for there meeting. All goes well and Dallas is now the next and final part of our family. For a while at least. She came home and a war almost broke out with the three of them. My wife is calling saying I think we made a mistake with this one. Aspen was bleeding and Dempsey was sitting in the crate for Aspen. Meanwhile Dallas was just walking around looking lost and not sure where she was or what was going on. I finally come home from work and get to see Dallas for the first time sitting in my kitchen already paid for wearing her new pink collar. She started to relax when I got home and us a whole started to make this new dog feel welcomed and loved. We got Dallas who now goes by Savannah comfortable and able to stop growling at the boys by Tuesday and she was starting to fit in.
    Then came Wednesday night and Dempsey was not doing good at all. He refused to get up and just laid on the floor even when I came home from work he was as still as a stone. That Thursday was the worst day for my wife and I as Dempsey got to go to the rainbow bridge and meet with our other dogs again. After all that went along with Dempsey that day we finally got back home and just cried and cried. I may be crazy thinking this but Dempsey must have told Savannah something that morning before he left because that night she started to act different and stopped being mean to everything. She now actually acts she has been with us forever and loves Aspen like no other. She will cry if he is not around and she has not been in her crate since but sits next to Aspens crate while we are at work waiting for him to get out and play.
    I hesitated on joining boxer world back when we learned that we would lose Dempsey but decided that I will join now.

2. TyTysmom

TyTysmom Super Boxer

Oh WOW, Sorry for the loss of Dempsey. Congrats on Aspen and Savannah. Sounds like you have your hands full. Also, Welcome to BW!

3. GDOGS1

GDOGS1 Boxer Insane

Welcome to BW from myself and GDOGS from the flatlands of Nebraska, So sorry for your loss of Dempsey and congrats on your new additions.

4. luvmyboy

luvmyboy Boxer Insane

Welcome! I am so sorry for your loss of your beloved Dempsey. How wonderful that Savannah & Aspen are getting along so well! You will find lots of support here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.