Hello from Alabama!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alsabrook

Boxer Pal
We lost our Aussie a few months ago and we were not planning on getting another dog for quite some time. About a week ago, a beautiful brindle male Boxer showed up in our rural neighborhood. One of our neighbors tried advertising him in hopes that he was just lost and he had a family that was searching for him. No one came forward and none of us wanted to take him to the animal shelter. Yesterday, Mr. Asyetnoname decided he wanted to "adopt" us and made himself at home on our front porch! So, unless his previous family shows up to claim him, it looks like he has a home. :)

He appears to be roughly a year old and is super friendly. He's amazingly docile for a young, male dog and hasn't offered to bother our 2 cats yet. We'll properly introduce the 3 of them shortly. Getting along with the cats is a prerequisite for joining our family! He'll have a date with our vet in the next couple of weeks to get neutered. He only has one testicle, so even if he does have papers somewhere (which I'm pretty sure of) he would never be a breeding candidate.

We've never owned a Boxer before so I'm hoping to learn a lot from this forum!

GDOGS1

Boxer Insane
Welcome to BW from myself and GDOGS from the flatlands of Nebraska,glad you could give him the forever home he so deserves,and to be so lucky just to have a Boxer show up on your porch.

Holden's Mom

Boxer Insane
Welcome to Boxer World from Birmingham! And hope all goes well while introducing the new boy to the kitties. Our boy Autry loves our three cats; even sleeps with Gato.

Keep us posted on how things go, and pictures please.

Pam and Autry

Alsabrook

Boxer Pal
Here's a quick picture of him last night.

Sweet puppy! by Alsabrook, on Flickr

I haven't taken his old collars off yet on the off chance his owner showed up, but I did order a new one for him. Once it gets here, the old ones are history!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.