Hello from a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

KathyB

Boxer Pal
Hi there! I found this forum and would like to get some information on the boxers. My daughter is wanting to get a boxer puppy and I would like to know some information on temperament, health issues, etc. Thanx for any information.

Krikkit

Boxer Insane
Hi and welcome Kathy :) If you post your question under the 'Boxer Ring' forum I'm sure everyone will help you out.

Linda

Boxer Insane
Welcome to the board Kathy!! :D
You've come to the right place.

Although, of course, everyone here is quite prejudice toward our boxers. ;)
Look at the threads in the boxer ring forum and you'll find lots of information. If you have other questions, just ask.

How old is your daughter? Boxers are wonderful with children. We got our first boxer puppy when my oldest daughter was only 9 months old. They are best buddies!
We lost our second boxer in December (suspected brain tumor--she was about 8 years old). Just days after Shannon died, my family brought home a female boxer puppy for me for Christmas! :D Needless to say, we love boxers!

Where are you from?

------------------
Linda
Remy -DOB 6/2/92; white male w/brindle patches;
Bailey - DOB 10/16/99; flashy brindle female
Shannon - 1992?-12/7/99 Flashy fawn; We miss her!

[This message has been edited by Linda (edited 08-26-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KathyB:
Hi there! I found this forum and would like to get some information on the boxers. My daughter is wanting to get a boxer puppy and I would like to know some information on temperament, health issues, etc. Thanx for any information. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi Kathy,
oh boy!! another boxer finds a home maybe hope so okay on the serious side. We have a boxer fawn named Toby male Great Guy however I will tell you that they are very energentic, they love kids, This is our 1st boxer and we think we may get another, However I would suggest a good breeder find out all you can and go visit the parents. My vet said not to give toby growth enhancing foods, cause it makes them grow to quick and can bring on hip displasa ( sorry can't spell)I beleive that good traing is a must with a boxer only becouse they can hold a Dennis the Menace attitude. And mine is smarter than us. We had to out witt him in all training very stubborn. However if you train the boxer well you will have a friend for life. They are very lovable and a little crazy. Once you have a boxer thats it you are dedicated for life. They are great dogs. mine loves to be loved by all household members. They are protective, but not to a fault. Good luck to you. This site will give you plenty of info.

Status
Not open for further replies.