1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello form Great Yarmouth. UK

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Grace, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grace

Grace Boxer Pal

Hi All,

I have a 5 1/2 month old brindle boxer called Grace, she is a real handful. i have been visting Boxer world for the last month, its given me some great ideas and tips.

I've been having a real problem with toilet training, but from reading all your ideas on here i seem to be getting some where. There's one thing though, How do you get them to tell you when they want to go out. she goes to the back door but if there's no one there she just pee's it's driving me mad.

Can anyone help??

Sarah

2. bayleighmom

bayleighmom Boxer Insane

Welcome to BW! :)

Have you thought about bell training? Basically training her to ring a bell hung by the door when she needs to go out. We bell trained Bayleigh and it is wonderful! Do a search on "bell training" and you will find a ton of previous threads!

3. Grace

Grace Boxer Pal

I think i've heard of that before, probably on BW, i will give it a go.

thanks for replying

4. WV*Boxer

WV*Boxer Banned

Welcome to BW! Good luck with the potty training. Be patient, she will get it in time! ;)

5. dharmadoodle

dharmadoodle Boxer Pal

Hello & welcome to BW - Rogue sends ~~~wiggles~~~. :D

6. K8IE

K8IE Boxer Insane

Welcome to BW! :)

7. koaboy04

koaboy04 Boxer Insane

Hi & welcome to BW! ;)

Good luck with the potty training. :)

8. chuds

chuds Boxer Pal

Hi, my boxer is now 11months, Arthur, took a little time, i think by 5 months he was clean, we took him to the back door regulary, i think you just have to keep taking them, especially after they wake up, eat, or get excited, if he did pee, we told him he was bad only 2-3 times, then waited with him in the garden for a while, if he did something we really praised him, loads of good boy and treat, they love praise. they thrive on it. well its good that he is going to the back door thats a start.

how big problem was when we went out, and he was alone, the kitchen was a right mess when we came home u would think we had 5 boxers peeing in there, but about 6 months i left him out , he had the bottom of our house to run around in and a few of my jumpers to lay on, left him only for short times at first, but he never done anything, we made sure he could not get shut in any rooms, has he hates being closed in. anyway all the best

9. carole

carole Boxer Insane

Hi and welcome to Boxerworld :)

You have come to the right place for advice :)

10. GinsMomma

GinsMomma Boxer Insane

Hi & welcome to BW! Like the others have mentioned, bell training would be a great way for your pup to let you know when she has to go out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.