Heightened Anxiety with No Apparent Cause?

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonsdad

Boxer Pal
Our otherwise healthy male boxer 5 years old has displayed very strange symptoms for about a week, which started suddenly about a week ago. He suddenly became extremely anxiety-ridden -- running from room to room, not resting, jumping at the slightest noise, and panting a lot. He suddenly has separation anxiety also. He had an episode of shivering last week which lasted about 10 minutes and then stopped. He's had kind of intermittent appetite and some occasional diarrhea, but not bad. He's drinking more water then normal, but his tongue seems more red than its usual pink. He's definitely not lethargic, and he's not losing weight, and his coat is still nice and shiney. Nothing has changed in his diet, surroundings, etc. I've googled these symptoms and all I get is anxiety disorder. Some of them show up under other diseases, but then he doesn't have the main symptoms of them. We will be taking him to the vet. Does anyone have any ideas?

peytonmonte

Boxer Pal
have you been to the vet yet? if so, any diagnosis?
a couple of years ago, my mom rescued a female boxer who was in seemly perfect health. after a few months, she started pacing a great deal, wouldn't sleep well, ate sporadically. turns out that she had epilepsy..and she had been having very mild seizures without our knowing. it'd at least be worth a shot to ask.
hope that all is ok, please keep us posted. good luck!

Burton'sMa

Boxer Booster
Please let us know......since you haven't changed diet....I would also think something health related....seizures?....possible tyroid trouble......the tounge color lets us know it has to be more than anxiety....now, I am no doctor....but I don't think anxiety alone would change the color of your baby's tongue.....please let us know what the vet says......best wishes:)

Status
Not open for further replies.