1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

healthy weight for a 7 month old?

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by MyBabyBoxer, Jul 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MyBabyBoxer

MyBabyBoxer Boxer Buddy

Does anyone else have a 7 month old and how much do they weigh?? Mine is about 35 ounds and she looks pretty healthy to me, she eats about 4 cups of food a day but people always tell me hat she looks so skinny. I know you are supposed to be able to see some ribs, but I just want to know if her weight is about normal. ;)

2. nicmicwil

nicmicwil Boxer Booster

I think every boxer grows at a different pace. Mine just turned 1 and he is only 52 pounds. The vet said he is a perfect weight. He also mentioned that he probably wouldn't get any bigger. Even the lady at doggie daycare said he is in great shape and you can see some of his ribs, too.

I think 35 pounds at 7 months is fine - has your vet expressed any concerns about her weight?

3. MyBabyBoxer

MyBabyBoxer Boxer Buddy

no she said she was fine, i was curious to know if her weight was average, below, above, well it seems to be ok then ;)

4. dan h

dan h Super Boxer

Our Sumi is almost 7 months and she weights 37 pounds.

5. BILL S

BILL S Boxer Buddy

Average weight

Lexie is 8 months and weighs 40 pounds. I think she looks small and the vet feels she will be small. He says this is a good thing. She eats about 3 cups of nutro natural adult laced with a half teaspoon of peanut butter broken up in too feedings.

6. kjames7148

kjames7148 Super Boxer

I have two seven month olds, one is 40lbs (female) and one is 52lbs (male). They eat about 3.5 cups per day each of Nutro.

I personally would like my kids to stay small, but they seem to be getting really big.

I'm sure yours is okay.

Karen

7. Bella's Mum

Bella's Mum Boxer Booster

My female boxer has just turned 7 months and weighs about 36lbs. She is very lean, muscley and very strong. She was the last one to be born so I dont know if she will be small. However, she is getting bigger every day and seems to grow upwards then outwards.
    I feed her 2x800g cans of Pedigree Chum a day along with a handfull of puppt biscuits. I also sometimes give her rice pudding or condensed milk for a treat for her calcium. She has that much energy and must burn her food off so quickly.
    Hope this helps?

8. MyBabyBoxer

MyBabyBoxer Boxer Buddy

So I guess my girl's weight seems to be about right, 7 months about 35 lbs and she is a girl. She is also pretty muscular. She eats between 3-4 cups of Nutro for Large breed puppy. Some days she eats a little less. I think she burns off most of her weight because she is so darn hyper!Thanks!:)

9. hook

hook Boxer Pal

noel weighs 40 and is six months old. she is tall and muscular. her mother and father were the same. i here everyone saying they put regular food with there dog food, this doesnt bother there stomach. i usually just give plain dog food.

10. Kyle47

Kyle47 Boxer Pal

Layla is almost 7 months old and she weighs a monstrous 51 pounds. Please don't think we overfeed her. She's very solid and muscular. You can see some ribs and we've been told by the vet that she is healthy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.