Healing vibes for Pheobe needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sansal

Boxer Insane

My biggest frustration of some owners of pitties is that they treat them just like any other dog. They are NOT just any other dog. They are strong willed, impulsive and reactive without proper training and management. It takes someone who is dedicated to keeping the dogs within proper boundries to maintain a happy dog. And with the over breeding, poor breeding and wreckless breeding of these bully breeds that create not so mentally balanced dogs. And in the wrong or wreckless hands, the dog is usually the one that pays for ignorant or uneducated owners. And some shelters are to blame too for adopting out these breeds to anyone who walks in with cash, who really should adopt a shihtzu or yorkie and not a breed who most likely already has a poor training history or emotional issues.

I'd definitely be calling the AC officer so he can at least check the status of the pittie and make sure the owners have taken the necessary precautions so that another dog doesn't have the same outcome. I'd also make sure that a report was filed so if it does happen again, that it's now a repetative problem and not a one time occurance.

I so agree with that!! When we still lived in Providence RI I encountered many times good hearted people who adopted pit bulls from the shelter (who had just ended up there because of a drug bust or similar stories), and then they felt all proud for rescuing a pit bull but had no idea about training and how to manage a strong and powerful breed. A disaster waiting to happen!!

Dh's cousin has filed a report, will update if I hear something new!

Status
Not open for further replies.