1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Healing vibes for Pheobe needed!

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by Sansal, Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sansal

Sansal Boxer Insane

Thanks everyone! She is recovering nicely :)

2. packblt

packblt Completely Boxer Crazy

Healing vibes and speedy recovery to Pheobe.

3. Sansal

Sansal Boxer Insane

Pheobe is back at the vet, they noticed she had some yellowish discharge from one of the drains that were placed in her wounds this morning :( She's going to get some stronger/different antibiotics and hopefully that will clear up any infection.

4. GDOGS1

GDOGS1 Boxer Insane

Thanx for the update,sending more of those good ol' boxer healing ((((vibes)))) Phoebe's way,hope she is on the mends soon.

5. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

How is Phoebe doing?

6. Sansal

Sansal Boxer Insane

She's doing great appicon No more infection and everything is healing nicely. Thank you for asking :) And thanks everyone for the (((healing vibes))) they worked!!

7. LILYLARUE

LILYLARUE Boxer Insane

Hooray!!!! So glad to hear. Did anything happen to the pit bull? Did the owners pay for medical expenses on Phoebe?

8. Sansal

Sansal Boxer Insane

I don't think anything happened with the pit bull. The animal control officer didn't really do anything - he went on vacation the day after it happened and probably didn't want to deal with it. I would feel bad for the pit bull to be put down but I hope the owners will at least make sure he can't get out of the yard anymore - I don't think there is hope that they would invest in training or anything. They said they would pay but then they never did - not sure what/if dh's cousin is doing anything about it. Have to ask him. I don't know how much her treatment cost but I assume it's at least a thousand with the drains, the meds, the emergency services and all.

9. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

I am so glad she healed up well! I hope it doesn't leave any emotional scars as well. I hope your husband's cousin does get a least some money to pay for the bills. And I hope that owner of the pitbull has learned to keep his dog in his yard. Another dog may not be so lucky.

10. LILYLARUE

LILYLARUE Boxer Insane

I would also hope he gets some compensation, if not all, for the medical costs. I would hate for the pittie to be put down, but these types of owners are what feeds into the stigma of this amazing breed - and if it hit them in their wallets, it may make them take the necessary precautions of making sure it doesn't happen again.

My biggest frustration of some owners of pitties is that they treat them just like any other dog. They are NOT just any other dog. They are strong willed, impulsive and reactive without proper training and management. It takes someone who is dedicated to keeping the dogs within proper boundries to maintain a happy dog. And with the over breeding, poor breeding and wreckless breeding of these bully breeds that create not so mentally balanced dogs. And in the wrong or wreckless hands, the dog is usually the one that pays for ignorant or uneducated owners. And some shelters are to blame too for adopting out these breeds to anyone who walks in with cash, who really should adopt a shihtzu or yorkie and not a breed who most likely already has a poor training history or emotional issues.

I'd definitely be calling the AC officer so he can at least check the status of the pittie and make sure the owners have taken the necessary precautions so that another dog doesn't have the same outcome. I'd also make sure that a report was filed so if it does happen again, that it's now a repetative problem and not a one time occurance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.