1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Headline: Boxer Miracle, dogs gain weight while parents away...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Robyn, Aug 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robyn

Robyn Completely Boxer Crazy

The day we left for Florida, I purchased a new 35 lb bag of Nutro Max for Cooper and Chester and Wendy. Wendy normally eats Beneful because it's softer and she does not have all of her teeth. Because the boys often sneak her food, I also purchased a 13 lb bag of it for the neighbor to soak for the boys for breakfast, because it soaks nicely in about 10 minutes versus the Nutro which can take 45. That way she could give them their breakfast without being here forever. She would then come back in the afternoon and soak the Nutro and my friend would give it to them in the evening. Anyway, by thur. my brother called me to tell me the boys had eaten all of the Beneful. I was not worried because I Knew they still had the Nutro. Then the neighbor calls to tell me that the dogs had pooed all over the family room and her Mom cleaned it up plus they were not eating. I was so upset I cried for an hour. I felt so helpless. So far away, etc.

Now, the good part. We came home Sunday evening to two boxer boys we heardly recognized! These were CHUBBY boys!
    Chester has NEVER been remotely chubby in his life, he's always been too skinny. So first we are all so excited to see them and they were kidney-beaning all over themselves. I'm so surprised to see them look so "big" that I open the pantry to check out the food supply and .......The Nutro bag is almost empty! And, the million treats I bought are gone! There was only enough food for one more day! So they ate like 45 lbs of food in one week! No wonder they got sick! Obviously they LOVE the neighbor girl now! LOL I am just thankful they did not get very sick like bloat or something. I even showed her specifically how much to give them and I think she just tripled it. :( They are fine and I guess they are prepared for the winter now with their layer of blubber! :D

2. Linda/NJ

Linda/NJ Boxer Insane

Wow, Robyn! Well atleast they ate, some don't eat when their owners are away. How many pounds do you think they put on? They were probably in their glory with all the food and treats.:p

Linda/NJ
    Ginger * June 4, 1997
    Flashy Fawn *Natural Earsqueenicon

3. catcompany

catcompany Banned

Hehehe Robyn---that so sweet. I hope they stay Chubby till end November--that way I will have more fun cuddling them ( you will bring them to meet me, won't you??). Do take some pictures and then send them over....How was the Disney trip--can't wait to hear all the stories.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.