1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heading North!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LILYLARUE, Sep 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mega's Mom

Mega's Mom Boxer Insane

I came to the party late but I am so happy for you! Sounds like this is a great decision for you!! And good on you for sticking up for yourself to your brother. appicon

2. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

Your brother sounds like mine did growing up, thankfully he outgrew it. I think you are on the right path and getting away from all the negative vibes.

As for families and exes, anyone who doesn't see working with them and being nothing less than polite and cordial only hurts the child(ren) is a fool! My older brother married someone who had children from previous relationships. (3 kids, 3 fathers) We welcomed those children into our family. When his marriage failed (as we all knew it would, but it did last longer than anyone expected.) We still include those children in our family gatherings and their mother was invited as well. (She passed away a few years ago due to a brain tumor) My parents separated when I was 13 and they have both always been at the important events of out lives. I am a stepmom and have always been cordial to my husband's ex and have been invited to all of Tami's life events. (We didn't do birthday parties as we lived a country apart, but graduations we are there.) You have to at the very least act like you like each other, even when you don't because it isn't about you. It is about the kids.

And everyone has someone in their family that you know you have to deal with only because they are family. The one you take a deep breath, roll your eyes, ring the doorbell and then paste a smile on your face for the remainder of the day.

Good luck on your new adventure and I am positive you will end up feeling better and less anxious.

3. packblt

packblt Completely Boxer Crazy

So exciting!!! Hope your house sells fast and your move is soon:) You need to take care of yourself and do what makes you happy.

Sending hugs and best wishes to you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.