1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Head shape

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by Gilbert, Jul 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gilbert

Gilbert Super Boxer

Does the shape of the head of a boxer change as they age?
    I dont mean to call her/him out but i love the head shape the user "Cami" has as an avatar. The underbite just looks funny and awesome at the same time. As of now achilles does have an underbite but his upper jaw doesn't seem as pushed in. Should i expect that to change with time, he's currently 4 1/2 months.

2. Caney Creek

Caney Creek Boxer Insane

I don't know if it's typical but Caney's head definitely changed as she got older. As an adult, her muzzle is still on the long side (for a boxer), but her head is more well-proportioned now than it was when she was less than a year old. She looks more "square-ish" now than she did as a puppy.

3. Cami

Cami Boxer Insane

I'm glad you like Cami's picture (my avatar). That is a goof ball picture of her! It is hard to tell in the picture since it is small but it looks as if she has a big head and a little body when you can see it full size! LOL
    If you look in my gallery there are many pictures of her with her tongue out. Her under bite was more pronounced than what is typical breed standard. She also had very light jowls. I don't know if these things allowed for her tongue to be out so much but it was out A LOT!
    She had a beautiful head (at least I thought so) and it did change as she grew into adulthood.
    Cami was a very pretty girl. I know I am partial since she was my baby and I know all puppies are cute but Cami got prettier as an adult than she had been cute as a puppy if that makes sense?
    And since I am feeling a little emotional now talking about her I am sharing my most favorite picture of all time of my girl....
    [​IMG]

Thanks for the compliment. It means a lot. I lost her last year and miss her every day.

4. Gilbert

Gilbert Super Boxer

Sorry about your loss, i had know idea. But you dog looked really awesome, and thoses pics in you gallery crack me up.

As of now Achilles kind of looks like your pic labeled innocent and sweet, except not as much loose skin.

5. elgerdes

elgerdes Completely Boxer Crazy

Cami, I am sorry for your loss. It's hard when they touch your heart so deeply.

I saw this thread, and also want to say how beautiful Cami is :) When I think boxer, that's what I imagine.

Right now, Zoe's head isn't shaped like that. She actually has a little "pitch" to the top of it. I'm hoping she also grows into it and turns out blockier. I have an English Bulldog and she is pretty blocky. Block heads, huh? Just kidding!

6. rrboxer

rrboxer Super Boxer

Oh my gosh, she had such soulful eyes! Beautiful picture. I'm also sorry for your loss and I am happy you have Raine now.

7. SnowDove

SnowDove Super Boxer

While we're bragging on the adorableness that was Cami, I will admit that I often go through Susi's gallery and admire the photos of Cami - she was absolutely a beautiful girl!

We love all our pets, but every now and then you find that special animal that is like a soul mate to you... I can tell that Cami was that way. Her beautiful spirit shines through her eyes in her photos, and I'm so glad she had an owner who treated her with all the love and kindness she deserved. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.