1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has this happened to you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by snowicki, Mar 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowicki

snowicki Boxer Booster

My mom has a couple of horses for sale, which are listed on the internet. She received an email from a person from Wales. This person stated that they were interested in purchasing one of the horses and that he had a business associate in the USA that owed him some money. My mom was asking something like $2500 for the horse and the emailer said that his contact in the US would give her $8000.00 in a cashiers check and for my mom to give the change to his associate who would forward it to Wales. Luckily and unfortunately she knew of this con because I had told her of it happening to a person at my work.....too bad he had fallen for it. My mom caught on to his game and is not indebt to her bank for $8000.00.

I know we hear about it in the news alot...just curious as to whether or not this has happened to anyone.

2. Austin's Mom

Austin's Mom Boxer Insane

No but I'm glad your Mom was on to him.

3. Elyse

Elyse Banned

Your mom got so lucky. We had had 2 horses online for sale and we got an inquiry from someone that said a 3rd party would be paying for the horses and then we would figure out the balance at the time of sale. Sounded very strange and vague so I bounced his email back. This was about 8 months ago. I took them offline and ended up selling them to a friend of my BIL.

4. Ciscobxr

Ciscobxr Boxer Insane

Yep, this happened to my hubby about two weeks ago, through his work. It's a long story, but it was a $30,000 cashier check. Turned out hubby was on to him and it's a good thing because the check was not legit.

5. Shanz

Shanz Boxer Insane

i saw this one the news actually. They were talking about people running a scam and hat the cheque wouldnt clear or something like that? Im gla dyour mom caught it though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.