Hannah - head tremor (long)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mygirlmollie

Boxer Insane
OK now this is ridiculous, I just walked onto my bedroom to have a snuggle with Hannah (she was sleeping on my bed) and she was having a head tremor!!!

I feel like I'm over reacting here but it worried me! I called hubby in and he got her up and she stopped and was fine. Then she went back to bed and I looked in and she was doing it again. A left to right head tremor. She was awake and fine just shaking her head.

I have done a search here and read all the posts, also googled head tremors. Now do I just forget about it and not worry?????
If I think about I get stressed, so I guess I should just keep an eye on her and see how things go.

As a footnote I read this - originally posted by Andie20 that said
Possible causes that should be looked for are epilepsy, trauma, toxins, inflammation, congenital defects, immune mediated problems, degenerative disease and drug reactions. In a puppy the vet should consider congenital abnormality and in a young adult, toxin exposure."

Now when we got home today, we found a lighter chewed in half on our bed, minus ALL the gas. There was a packet of them brand new on my kitchen bench and she had stolen them while we were out.

What happens to gas when a lighter breaks??? Would it have soaked into the bed or would it have been inhaled by her?? Maybe that caused the tremor? Like I said I feel like I'm over reacting, but with Jed and his seizure's and Hannah being my baby, I'm worried!!!! :(

Wanda.

NFBoxerMom

Super Boxer
You're not overreacting! If it were me, I'd be in a complete panic.
So take a deep breath and try to relax, or at least reassure yourself that your a normal boxer mommy

Honestly I don't know a thing about head tremors, and thankfully haven't gone through that. Give your vet a call and see what he/she has to say.
I'd be concerned as well that some of the gas may have been inhaled by Hannah. The vet should be able to tell you the possible symptoms that may arise if she did.

I hope all is well with your precious baby.

Lori

Cindy

Boxer Booster
All I can say is document. Write down the day and time, the
duration of it, how she was when she came out of it, etc.
If they come more frequent, I'd take her to the vet. Good
luck!

Austin's Mom

Boxer Insane
Austin has had head tremors since we brought him home at age 2. I'm assuming he's always had them. They really are scary to watch, although they don't seem to faze him.

Chris & Austin

Bernice

Completely Boxer Crazy
absolutley call the vet it will also make you feel better.
hope all is well
Bernice and Hennessy Boy

boxer4

Boxer Insane
Our past Dutch had one head tremor when she was younger and that was after she chewed up a nose spray container(Afrin).
The vet seemed to think it was that cause it never happened again.
Just to be safe I'd check with your vet.
keep us updated please.
Peg, Jan
lovicon Caesar, Brandi, Jake & Maggie

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
I have heard a number of times that head tremors may be caused by low blood sugar. Maybe next time it happens, you could try giving her a spoonful of honey or corn syrup and see it that helps.

You might keep a record of when the tremors happen and how long they are after meals and see if there is a connection.

Good luck,

LokiGem

Super Boxer
It is scary, I know

I've read the posts about head tremors also. I freaked out every time Loki had them. Loki will be 2yrs in June I have seen him have about 4 or 5 of these little tremors. Only when he is either really tired, almost asleep, or during sleep.
From what I've read & heard (from BW and my Vet,) it is fairly common and not a serious condition.
I know how you feel though, It really scares me too. I'm sure everything will check out fine. {{{{{BWVIBES}}}}}}}

Let us know how your baby's doing.
-Kim & Loki

debbie knowles

Boxer Insane
Hey Wanda,
I have just had you guys on my mind and was wondering how the kids were doing now....no more "episodes" for either of them I hope. I do hope they are both OK now...djk

Status
Not open for further replies.