1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hair Question for Mom's Out There

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Amy Lyn, Feb 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amy Lyn

Amy Lyn Super Boxer

I love my little angel baby, HOWEVER, if there was one thing I could change it would be how he grabs a hold of my hair with that sweaty little grip for dear life! I have an extremely sensative head and even when I tie my medium length hair back, without fail he's able to find the smallest of small strands to put a strangle hold on!

What I was curious about was how many of you cut your hair short after your babies were born? Did anyone survive baby-hood with long hair?

I swear - all he has to do is pull it a few more times and I'm getting the razor out to shave my head!!!!

2. shaun64

shaun64 Boxer Booster

My hair survived, I have a pretty tough head (so I've been told) but some of my earrings didn't:LOL:
    Shaun

3. Mommy2Cool

Mommy2Cool Completely Boxer Crazy

HaHa Been there!

I have 3 kids.... and have had both long and short hair. when it was long, I wore a ponytail a lot!:p

Didn't seem to matter though, because they just find something else to pull on ... I haven't worn earrings or necklaces in years!;)

4. RileyMom

RileyMom Boxer Booster

My son is 3 months old and already a hair puller, too. I always have my hair in a ponytail around him.

Now that I am just abck to work that's become a little more difficult because I am try ing to get ready in the morning and tend to him as well, so I end up wearing a ponytail to work or having a ponytail band mark in my hair when I do decide to wear it down!

So... next month I am planning to get my hair cut short and donate the ponytail to Locks of Love, which is a non-profit group that makes hairpieces for little girls that have lost their hair because of genetic disease or medical treatment. They need ponytails that are at least 10 inches, and I am just about there. I feel like I need ot get it cut anyway, and I feel so fortunate to have a healthy baby that I want to help some other child out there if I can. If you do decide to cut your hair, check out their website: www.locksoflove.org

As an important side note, be sure to always check the baby's fingers and toes to make sure there's no hair wrapped around them. Hair gets easily tangled in there and can actually cut off circulation -- I've just heard some horror stories about that and am always careful to check! My son has a head full of hair himself, and he plays with his hair a lot (and uses it to soothe himself to sleep, like a security blanket!) so I have to watch that he doesn't get his own hair tangled in those fingers too!

5. Mommyof3kck

Mommyof3kck Boxer Booster

:LOL: I have hair below my shoulders. My son was my hair puller so I had a pony tail ALOT... Then one day he just stopped.. and went for the earrings instead.. OUCH... well he is 7 1/2 now and my baby is 2 and I STILL don't have earrings.. But my hair is long :) If you really like your long hair, hang in there it get's better.. I do recommend you remove any and all jewelry though :LOL: they never outgrow that.. hehe

6. sparsey

sparsey Super Boxer

Boy, does this thread bring back some memories. I'd forgotten how those tiny little hands could grab onto something and hold on like they had glue on them. My hair was long for both my boys, but after the second one I got it cut to shoulder length. I also wore a lot of pony tails. My hair is long now, and although my kids are grown, now my husband always seems to be leaning on it or getting wrapped up in it. I think I may have to start chopping again. Although the last time I cut my hair, I came out of the salon and he said "Who did that to you". Kind of turned me off having my hair done. Don't worry, soon enough the babe will stop pulling your hair, then he'll be slobbering all over you, you'll never be able to wear white until he's grown up.

7. catcompany

catcompany Banned

Those tiny hands can be deadly---I am toying with idea of getting rid of my hair---but I guess I will just keep it tied.

8. gidget1

gidget1 Completely Boxer Crazy

I have very short hair, Iv'e worn it the same way forever, and my daughter still managed to get it, right at the temples. She also had a thing for earssmashicon , she wouuld grab my husbands ears and rub and pull them while taking a bottle:D I am soooo glad my baby days are over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.