Hair hair everywhere!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichBoxerMom

Boxer Buddy
Any great ideas on how to remove boxer hairs off of microfiber couch? I have tried wet cloth, dryer sheets, sticky rolls, tape, duct tape! Im about to pull my hair out!!

TwoDogs

Boxer Insane
It's darn near impossible. You're almost better off getting a new couch or using a slipcover.

LILYLARUE

Boxer Insane
I learned my lesson with microfiber! Not so much from boxer fur but from the dangerous basenji fur that are like mini barbed wires!

I bought a bunch of blankets on sales that were the colors of my furniture. The covers stay on til company comes, then they are removed to expose an almost hairfree microfiber couch and chair. LOL

MichBoxerMom

Boxer Buddy
OMG... I am losing my mind! We just bought the couch (2,000) about 6 months before we bought our boxer! Its chocolate brown so if I would have known the hair was not going to come off I would have covered it.... Darn!
I am also having a problem with it not coming out of my SUV seats! They are not microfiber but those tiny little baby fine hairs dont wanna come out of anything! GRrrrr!!
Thanks for the info. Guess Ill have to get some couch covers and seat covers<<

mistydwilson

Super Boxer
I'm not sure how it would work on microfiber, but I have a squeegee type thing that works great on cloth. It is called Pet Hair Magnet by Petmate. I can't remember where I got it but I probably ordered it on some pet supply website a few years ago. It gets a lot of hair off of my cloth couch and love seat. I even occasionally use it on blankets and throws when the hair builds up and doesn't come out after washing and drying. I'm surprised at how much hair I can get out of a "clean" blanket!

furrykidmom

Completely Boxer Crazy
We have a microfiber couch. We have always covered it. Slip fit I think it is called from QVC. it is quilted microfiber like. Looks great. We wash it at least twice a week. It is holding up splendidly.

We also have a Dyson stick. We sweep the couch with the sweeper periodically. No problems.

Hope this helps. Our couch still looks brand new when it is actually uncovered.

LILYLARUE

Boxer Insane
The other downside of microfiber is that dogs seem to LOVE to lick it! All these wet-spot-gone-dry-swirlies all over the couch. Getting dog spit out of microfiber isn't so easy either. I have to use joy dish soap and scrub, then rinse several times to get out the soap, then dry brush for the nap to loosen with the help of a hairdryer. It just gets worse as they lick off the water/stain protector off - can't respray cause it's toxic. Sigh......yeah, covers really are a microfiber couch's friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.