Gus doesn't feel good :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasmeow

Boxer Insane
I just picked Gus up and the ultrasound was clear!!! YAH!! But we still don't know whats going on. She sent out a test for pancreatitis. He has reflux and has been, what I call, spitting up, more lately. So now he is on the Desonyl, antibiotics, Milk Thistle (she said I could start that), and a drug so he doesn't feel nauseated(sp?) . She wants to recheck his liver enzyme in 3 weeeks. If it is still up, she will do a biospy. She doesn't want to do the biopsy yet because he is acting fine (besides the spitting up). I will keep you all posted. I should get the results from the pancreatitis test maybe tomorrow. Thanks for all your healing vibes and kind words :)

GDOGS1

Boxer Insane
Thanx for the update,am sending Gus some more of those good ol' boxer healing ((((vibes)))))his way.sure hope you can find out whats wrong

MoM & DaD of GDOGS 8/18/05 Brindle,Docked,Floppy and full of Zest

Caney Creek

Boxer Insane
Sorry I'm just catching this... poor, poor Gus!! :( I do hope you get everything sorted out and that he gets better soon. It is SO scary knowing that something is wrong but not knowing what it is!

Sending Gus healing ((((vibes)))) and lots of kisses from me and the girls! I will be praying for him and checking back often for updates!

kathysboxer

Boxer Insane
Been so busy lately, just now got to catch up on Gus. I will keep him and you in my prayers. Hope you can get to the bottom of this soon.
Sending healing vibes also.

beausmommy

Boxer Insane
I'm glad to hear that the ultrasound was normal but I know everyone still wants to know what exactly is going on with Gus!

Gruntsmom

Boxer Insane
Good news to hear Gus' ultrasound is clear!! :) Also good to hear that your vet is testing for pancreatitis. Continuing to send lots of healing and positive vibes to Gus, and hopeful that you will have some answers soon. I hope the Denosyl and milk thistle will do the job on Gus' high liver enzyme counts. Please keep us posted.

sasmeow

Boxer Insane
Gus' pancreatitis test came back negative!!!! YAH!!! Now she added another liver protectant drug. I have to go pick it up tomorrow. So, now he is taking an antibiotic, 2 liver protectant drugs, pepcid, milk thistle, and the drug for nausea!! I hope I remember to give him all of them! The liver ones are hard though cause they have to be on an empy stomach and he can't eat 2 hrs after he gets it.

I will keep you posted. He goes back December 23rd for another blood draw to check his level.

boxmom

Boxer Insane
That's good news! Yikes, that's a lot of pills! Does he take them well, or do you have to sneak them in his food? Still sending lots of prayers and vibes out to you and the handsome Gus.

sasmeow

Boxer Insane
That's good news! Yikes, that's a lot of pills! Does he take them well, or do you have to sneak them in his food? Still sending lots of prayers and vibes out to you and the handsome Gus.

He is a VERY good boy about taking them. Some of them I just mix in his food, but the ones he can't take with food I just open his mouth, put the pill towards the back of his mouth, and he just swallows it. He is such a good boy. He would let me put my entire hand in his mouth and not bite it.

HeatherLynnG

Super Boxer
I just caught this thread! Hope Gus is feeling better and the spitting up is slowing down. I was going to recommend Pepcid (that's what helps when Zeus spits up) but it looks like you've already got that one on the list ;)

Good luck!!!

Boxer wiggles -

Heather and the kids

Status
Not open for further replies.