1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gretta - the perfect pup! (a little long)

Discussion in 'Stories' started by wnt2adpt, Mar 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magoo's_mama

magoo's_mama Super Boxer

Often people don't want to rescue because they don't want a dog with "issues" You are proof that not all rescue dogs are problem dogs! :)
    We also have a rescue pup who we love to pieces we hope we can rescue a few more one day. Even though she is a great baby she could still benefit from an obedience class it's great for bonding and helping her with her self confidence.
    Gretta is adorable, congratulations to all 3 of you!

2. wnt2adpt

wnt2adpt Boxer Booster

Still good! :)

We do plan to take her to basic obedience training. She knows how to sit, lay down, and heel. She walks on a leash very well also. She didn't recognize the name that the rescue gave her (Simone) and we decided to change it. I'd like her to recognize her new name. I think it will just take time, repetition, and consistency. We will give her plenty of that! Oh yeah - we changed the spelling of her name. We liked Greta (like Greta Garbo) rather than Gretta. Anyway, thanks again for all the good comments!! I will keep updating as things progress.

Erin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.