1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Green discharge from penis

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by MaddoxsMama, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaddoxsMama

MaddoxsMama Boxer Pal

Maddox had a bright green dot of discharge from his penis that I noticed when I picked him up after he peed. He is ten weeks old. I am obviously going to take him to the vet about this but in the meantime please alleviate my fears if you have had a similar situation and it turned out fine!

2. Biff

Biff Boxer Insane

Sorry, I've had no experience but just want to wish Maddox good luck at the vet's.

Let us know how you get on

3. natesprinces

natesprinces Boxer Buddy

Roscoe had the same thing when he was smaller. The vet said that it was a minor infection that should(most times) cure it's self. He said it was very common and that the dogs usually take care of it by regular pee breaks and self cleanings. He seemed to be right, as it went away within a couple of days.
    Every now and then, Roscoe will get the green stuff, but it only lasts for a day or so then dissappears.
    We even changed vets, and they said the same thing. I don't think that you should worry too much.
    Good luck!!!

4. drewkins

drewkins Boxer Buddy

I had a similar situation as natesprices. My vet wasn't terribly concerned although I don't know that I would have called Bruce's "bright" green.

5. Chancejesi

Chancejesi Super Boxer

Same here, Chance gets it every once in a blue moon, but it's usually gone within a day. I did call the vet the first time too, especially since he is my first boy :) But was told not to worry about it unless it doesn't go away. So far so good ;)

6. karen mambo

karen mambo Boxer Booster

Mambo had the same and our vet checked him out and said it was normal - not an infection as I had suspected due to the fact that the discharge was green. So no treatment but unlike the others Mambo still has it at times. I think it looks disgusting so I often wipe it with a tissue..... may sound gross but it does get on your clothes or bedding or furniture (depending where you let your dog go) I try to think of it like wiping a snotty nose :LOL: I'm hoping it will disappear for good though as I don't like the idea of having to wipe it when he is a fully mature dog....:eek:

You may want to get your vet to check anyway just to make sure you are not overlooking an infection of some type.

7. jennw

jennw Boxer Booster

jake gets it every once in a while as well. when he was a puppy i read a post that said it was mostly just hormones coming out. ick.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2007
  8. catcrazy56

catcrazy56 Boxer Insane

Good to know I have a 8 week old male and if this happens I won't panic now

9. Shanz

Shanz Boxer Insane

its called Smegma (lovely word eh) and its fairly common in male dogs and tends to go away when theyre neutered :)

10. NINfan

NINfan Boxer Pal

Oh thank god! Jen and I were VERY concerned yesterday when we found the same thing on Max. He's about 7 months now and I was hoping it was simply puberty and/or cleanliness issues. We gave him a splashfest (bath) and have not noticed it since.

This forum is a wonderful thing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.