Great Dane?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daziegirl4

Boxer Booster
Anybody have a Great Dane?? We're getting a Great Dane puppy (a little boy) in the next couple weeks. They were born on Nov. 17th and hopefully we'll have him around Christmas!!! Sydney will have a little brother!!!

bucca

Boxer Insane
i grew up with great danes and english mastiffs(my parents liked big dogs!!!) they are good dogs, we had a brindle named brutus he was very pretty, had a very protective side to him. then we had another brindle named apollo he was a big baby who thought he could fit on everyones lap, he loved to cuddle, and he too was very protective of the family, you never have to worry with them around. they are gorgeous animals what coloring is yours? are you cropping the ears or natural, i ask because of a funny situation, brutus came with his ears all done up nice and as soon as we got him home he ran head first into the mirrored wall and we had to go have them taped all over again, i dont know what they use now but then it was popsicle sticks to hold them up., this happened like 5 times my parents were ready to take the wall down, good luck with your baby..

Roxie'sMommy

Boxer Booster
Awwwwwww. I love great danes like I love boxers. When I get a bigger place I am going to get a Blue male and name him Apollo. Good luck with him and enjoy. They are soooo cute.

Shanz

Boxer Insane
A girl in my program at schoo, has 2 male great danes (both BIG boys) and a female boxer. They get along welll all 3 of them. They live in an apartment too. CCan you imagine that

daziegirl4

Boxer Booster
bucca said:
they are gorgeous animals what coloring is yours? are you cropping the ears or natural, i ask because of a funny situation, brutus came with his ears all done up nice and as soon as we got him home he ran head first into the mirrored wall and we had to go have them taped all over again, i dont know what they use now but then it was popsicle sticks to hold them up., this happened like 5 times my parents were ready to take the wall down, good luck with your baby..

We are getting a black male. My husband wanted to get his ears cropped, but I talked him out of it (I think). I just think it would be too much work and to make him go through all of that doesn't seem fair :) I like the way they look with natural ears anyway. haha that's funny about your dog running into the mirrored wall - he must have thought there was another dog there to play with :) We're actually getting him from Orange County, NY - I think I saw that's where you are (that's where we're from too).

We're so excited about the new puppy - I think Sydney will be happy w/ a friend to play with too (she loves to play with other dogs)...I've never introduced another dog into the family yet though - hoping all goes well :)

bucca

Boxer Insane
hi tara, bet hes gorgous! i got chloe when my rottie maxi was 5 and it went smoothly there shouldnt be a problem. where in orange county are you from? and where is pup coming from? good luck to you guys.

daziegirl4

Boxer Booster
bucca said:
hi tara, bet hes gorgous! i got chloe when my rottie maxi was 5 and it went smoothly there shouldnt be a problem. where in orange county are you from? and where is pup coming from? good luck to you guys.

We lived in Maybrook, NY until almost 2 years ago when we moved to the Milford, PA area when we got married. But we're getting our puppy from the Middletown area. What part of orange county are you from?

Thanks for the luck! We can't wait......the hardest part will be picking out a name! :)

hldavis

Completely Boxer Crazy
I want to wish you the best with your new addition. I was raised around Great Danes my parents use to breed Harliquins. They are a great dog but need a lot of room to run!!!

daziegirl4

Boxer Booster
bucca said:
we live in the town of newburgh not far from the ulster county line.

Actually, my husband works in Newburgh :) small world :)

Thanks for all the replies. We're going to visit with the pups this weekend, I can't wait! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Status
Not open for further replies.