Going for walks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilbert

Super Boxer
As being in the same position you are but witinessing a dog die from pravo, im personally not taking the risk.
So once Achilles is 2 days passed his last shot im planning on taking him to hang out outside the mall (acting like im waiting for someone that way i dont seem like a weirdo), families houses, my work, and outside gorcery stores.
Then after a week with the final shot i will starting hit the pets store, and parks with him. And finally after 2 weeks with the final shot and a dose of boratilla (spelling?) im going to take him to the Humane Society and do some meet and greets with other puppies and adult dogs.

But for now he plays in my yard, meets the people and there pets that come over, meets the kids that pet him through the fence, and he takes ride with me to the bank drive thur.

BxrMommieNAZ

Boxer Insane
As being in the same position you are but witinessing a dog die from pravo, im personally not taking the risk.
So once Achilles is 2 days passed his last shot im planning on taking him to hang out outside the mall (acting like im waiting for someone that way i dont seem like a weirdo), families houses, my work, and outside gorcery stores.
Then after a week with the final shot i will starting hit the pets store, and parks with him. And finally after 2 weeks with the final shot and a dose of boratilla (spelling?) im going to take him to the Humane Society and do some meet and greets with other puppies and adult dogs.

But for now he plays in my yard, meets the people and there pets that come over, meets the kids that pet him through the fence, and he takes ride with me to the bank drive thur.

Unfortunately by that time the developmental time will have passed :-( (they need the socializing before 16 weeks). Things happen, we cannot live our lives in fear of them forever. And I'd encourgae you to skip the Bordatella, it's the equivilent of vaccinating for the human cold, it's a doggy cold, they don't die from it, and it only protects against one strain out of thousands.

Gilbert

Super Boxer
Unfortunately by that time the developmental time will have passed :-( (they need the socializing before 16 weeks). Things happen, we cannot live our lives in fear of them forever. And I'd encourgae you to skip the Bordatella, it's the equivilent of vaccinating for the human cold, it's a doggy cold, they don't die from it, and it only protects against one strain out of thousands.

Well as for the Bordatella its my girlfriends reccommendation, she works in the surgery suite of the humane society i will be going to. Says it will help prevent Achilles from getting "kennel cough". So i figure why not.

As for the socializing Achilles will be finished with his shots at 12weeks and 4days (5-14-2011), so thats when im to bombard him with different place/people/things/noises.

Im not living in fear, im just trying to take care of my pup. I dont see the point of putting his life at a higher risk by taking him out now.

Im also not trying to scare people, im just pretty sure that some people are un-aware of the risk.

BxrMommieNAZ

Boxer Insane
Well as for the Bordatella its my girlfriends reccommendation, she works in the surgery suite of the humane society i will be going to. Says it will help prevent Achilles from getting "kennel cough". So i figure why not.

As for the socializing Achilles will be finished with his shots at 12weeks and 4days (5-14-2011), so thats when im to bombard him with different place/people/things/noises.

Im not living in fear, im just trying to take care of my pup. I dont see the point of putting his life at a higher risk by taking him out now.

Im also not trying to scare people, im just pretty sure that some people are un-aware of the risk.

I'd recommend you do some research. It will help prevent him from getting the Bordatella straing of kennel cough yes, however there are risks with the vaccine itself (ones I don't personally care to take), and when the virus isn't life threatening (equivilent of you getting a cold), it's not something I personally recommend to people.

Because the risks associated with not socializing him and the long term issues with it are greater than the risks of disease if you go out and about in the right places.

Status
Not open for further replies.