1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

goes crazy at shadows?

Discussion in 'Behavioral Issues' started by anglian, Apr 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anglian

anglian Boxer Pal

My boy is coming upto 10 months old.
    I dont know what is up with him at the moment, but last few weeks he has been going crazy at shadows.
    If we are out walking and shadows are cast from me, or moving vehicles he jumps around and tries to jump on them.
    Also around the house, he casts shadows on the wall as he walks up and down ghe stairs, he stadts jumping up at the walls on the stairs. Im scared he will fall and hurt himself.

If this craziness normal. Shadows never used to bother him.
    I dont know if they bother him now or hes just trying to play with them. Its all v strange.

Anyone else have similar issues?

2. TwoDogs

TwoDogs Boxer Insane

By chance have you ever played with a laser pointer with him?

3. anglian

anglian Boxer Pal

Ahhhh, my dad has. This is going back about 3 months ago when he dog sat for me one evening. I went to collect him and my dad said hes been having fun chasing the laser light around.

Will he grow out of this, or has my dad caused this forever lol

4. BrookeER

BrookeER Boxer Buddy

Sounds like normal Boxer behavior to me, at least MY Boxer "normal". LOL. My Abby gets very jumpy at certain things, especially outside, she "see's" things that no one else actually see's and it makes her jump around and lunge at times. I just attribute it to Boxer playfulness and figure she'll probably outgrow it at some point. She's only 18 months old right now. :)

5. ptkdude

ptkdude Boxer Pal

I'm glad my Jules isn't the only one! I took her for a walk the other day, and the wind blew and she about jumped out of her skin. She's so silly I'm surprised she didn't try and play it off like she was playing the whole time lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.