Give me your paw

Status
Not open for further replies.

TysonCheeto

Completely Boxer Crazy
So today, after about 3 days of trying really hard to get Tyson to give us his paw......he just now did it! We are all so excited :) I was thinking this morning he just wasn't getting it. I was getting a total blank stare from him, but we pushed through and totally unexpectedly he just raised that paw up and put in my hand on command :) I'm thinking he probably got it the first day but he was just "playing dumb" to keep getting the treats lol. Just kidding! These are such proud moments feeling like I'm getting through. It was one trick the kids really wanted him to learn :) now if he would just so quickly grasp "stay" moma would be a happy woman! All in due time I guess lol! I was almost shocked when he put his paw in my hand.... I think I kinda just Sat there for a split second like "you did it!" This is our first fur baby...can you tell?

LILYLARUE

Boxer Insane
Awesome!!! Perserverence is pertinent to raising a stubborn, but too smart, boxer!!! And you just witnessed this streak! LOL Probably right about playing dumb to keep getting treats! He figured if he finally did it today, you would stop asking for paw and move on to the next thing he can play dumb over. lmao Gotta love the boxers!

Keep up the good work! Keep posting accomplishments as we all love to hear "our babies" making each stride and celebrating them as they come!

sjtorr

Boxer Booster
I'm sure they play dumb. I'm positive mine is right now. I'm trying to teach her left and right. She keeps insisting that left is right ... LOL

TysonCheeto

Completely Boxer Crazy
Thank you so much for the encouragement, this Forum is such a great place :) so many things I want to work with him on, they are def a super smart breed, they just don't want you to know that lol but they bring extreme joy....such a sense of accomplishment when they do these milestones!

Roge

Boxer Insane
Aww good boy Tyson.. See how excited you make your Mum when your being a clever Boy !! Keep up the good work.

ELubas

Boxer Insane
Congratulations! I have a good friend who has raised and trained boxers for years and she always says, "They are not stubborn, they are determined!" I think I agree. They are way too sweet to be stubborn lovicon

sjtorr

Boxer Booster
But when that little light bulb goes on, and you can see it in their eyes that they get it... wow.. what a great feeling

(yup, she just got left and right nailed! Woohoo!!)

TysonCheeto

Completely Boxer Crazy
But when that little light bulb goes on, and you can see it in their eyes that they get it... wow.. what a great feeling

(yup, she just got left and right nailed! Woohoo!!)

AWESOME!!!! Im always amazed a dog can learn that! Thats soooo cool!!!

TwoDogs

Boxer Insane
Congratulations! Trick training is so much fun. I trained my male to raise each of his paws on cue. If I give him a thumbs up with my right hand he'll raise his left paw. A thumbs up from my left hand means raise his right. If I give him two thumbs up he rocks back on his haunches and raises them both.

TysonCheeto

Completely Boxer Crazy
Congratulations! Trick training is so much fun. I trained my male to raise each of his paws on cue. If I give him a thumbs up with my right hand he'll raise his left paw. A thumbs up from my left hand means raise his right. If I give him two thumbs up he rocks back on his haunches and raises them both.

Wow.....that's incredibly impressive! I saw on YouTube some of the extravagant things people were teaching their dogs and I'm just like wooooooooooww how in the world?!?!?! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.