1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gina critically injured

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by Glasnevin, May 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

Poor Gina!

I hope the Hydrotherapy goes well!

2. MrsRagg

MrsRagg Boxer Pal

I have never dealt with a similar situation (*knock on wood*) but please know our thoughts and prayers are with you and your sweet girl for a quick and full recovery.

3. VivDarkbloom

VivDarkbloom Boxer Booster

Sending more {{{positive vibes}}} for Gina's continued recovery. Here's hoping she'll enjoy the Hydrotherapy.

4. Glasnevin

Glasnevin Boxer Booster

We have made slow progress over the last few days. Gina had an x-ray today and the bone is not properly healed so the metal plate has to remain for another week. She has been unable to have any hydrotherapy and she still will not use her broken leg.

The vet is suspicious of nerve damage, but has not made a firm conclusion yet.

I'm really weary at the moment. I just want our old Gina who is excitable and playful and full of mischief. I want to tell her off for misbehaving and then have a "cuddlethon" to make things better. There is some of her personality showing, but she isn't "our Gina" just yet.

Its been almost 6 weeks post accident and it is starting to feel like a life-time.

5. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

I was so hoping she would have started hydrotherapy by now. I know it is hard when you have an on going health problem. All you want is for your baby to be better. I don't remember reading anywhere if you are seeing an orthopedic vet or not. If not is your vet at least consulting one? I am not trying to be negative, I just believe in getting the best info and care that you can.

6. Roge

Roge Boxer Insane

Hang in there !!! unfortunately some things just cant be rushed .. 6wks does seem like a long time but only time will heal.

7. Glasnevin

Glasnevin Boxer Booster

I am very lucky with the vet we have chosen. She is an orthopaedic surgeon who once worked with a famous sled team in Alaska, looking after their dogs. It is the most amazing veterinary practice. They are called "TotalVets" and they do absolutely everything there.

I'm grateful we can leave her at the practice every day whilst we are at work. She gets lots of attention and regular physio. Here's hoping next week brings some positive news.

8. VivDarkbloom

VivDarkbloom Boxer Booster

Thinking of you and Gina, and wishing her good healing. Hoping for positive news next week!

9. Gunther

Gunther Super Boxer

Wow talk about a bumpy road to recovery! I can't imagine the level of stress and anxiety involved! But it sounds like good progress is being made! Hopefully all the big bumps or over!?

Hang in there gang! :)

10. Glasnevin

Glasnevin Boxer Booster

My husband and I are feeling disheartened and have been wondering if we were really doing the right thing for Gina. She has been through so much in such a short time and we are emotionally drained. We rang the vet yesterday to discuss our options, but she was on a day off. Then half an hour later she rang us from her home!

She remains confident we are progressing, although admits it is taking longer than she hoped. The plan is to attempt to remove the metal plates this week if her x-rays are Ok and then the hydrotherapy begins.

Thank-you all again for your support. It really does help and its good I can vent on this forum!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.