Gina critically injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

rena

Boxer Booster
I'm so sorry - must have been just dreadful. I feel for your husband. Sending you all the well wishes and positive vibes for Gina's speedy recovery.

Glasnevin

Boxer Booster
Saw Gina again this morning. She was sedated with morphine and ketamine, but was able to respond when I spoke to her. She has to have another operation on her leg today to put some kind of external metal splint on to support the injury. I'm waiting for a call from the vet and will go and see her again later.

Her lung is still collapsed which is the worrying part, but the vet remains positive. They have been a great bunch of professional and caring people at the vet surgery. I'm truly in awe of them all and grateful for the expertise they obviously have.

We don't have insurance, so I think I'm going to have to brace myself when the bill finally arrives.

Can't even begin to explain how much we are missing her.

Jinnytee

Super Boxer
Oh, that DOES sound positive. I am so happy to hear that Gina is already taking baby steps towards her eventual recovery.

Although when we love our dogs as much as you obviously do, it's impossible to put a price on their heads ... but the cost of vet care is so expensive, and it must be a worry when the care is as extensive as Gina has needed.

Along with the positive healing vibes for Gina, I will also hope that the vet practice will be kind with the cost.

Please keep us updated on how she is doing.

Jinny

TysonCheeto

Completely Boxer Crazy
I'm just catching up...and I'm so sorry you guys had this accident. How tough of a time you must going through. Prayers for a full recovery. Get well soon Gina.

Glasnevin

Boxer Booster
We have been allowed to have Gina home for the night. She has an external fixator on her injured leg. The vet is pleased with the progress she is making. Unfortunately her lung does not remain fully inflated, so they are continuing to aspirate daily.

She has to go back to the vet tomorrow. This has got to be the worst I have ever felt other than a bereavement. She is quiet and doesn't like to be touched too much. We have a crate with her blanket, but she ran under our bed and wont come out. I'm not sure there is going to be much sleep in our house tonight.

Lizzie

Boxer Insane
Oh man I am so sorry for you guys. Sending lots of healing vibes from the North Island to you guys in the South. Gina is young and fit and so I am sure that she will do well with you caring for her. Kia kaha

Roge

Boxer Insane
Oh how awful ... I'd say the reason for her hiding under the bed is that she is afraid and who can blaim her after the trauma that she has encountered..
With youth on her side she has the best possible chance of making a full recovery and from what I can gather from reading your posts she is getting the best possible care..
I know how you feel as my dogs mean as much to me as my skin children do infact since my boys are now adults I tend to see my dogs as my babies .
Try your best to stay calm as she will pick up on your nervous energy.
Get well sooon Gina !!!!!!! sending positive and healing<<<vibes>>> your way and calming ones to your family ...

TysonCheeto

Completely Boxer Crazy
This post is definitely very heart wrenching. I feel my eyes fill with tears as I read your journey with her recovery. You love her very much and sometimes I think that's the best medicine for the road to healing. I'm sure seeing her personality and reactions altered from her usual self is devastating.you never want to see your babies go through pain or trauma. it sounds like it will be a long road ahead but she has a very promising future and I'm sure in time she will be the happy girl you know. Thank you for being strong enough to post her updates as I know without a doubt its helpful to many other now and in the future with situations like yours.... Hugs to Gina and your family and you battle through her recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.