Getting stitches/staples out today

Status
Not open for further replies.

BxrMommieNAZ

Boxer Insane
Well after 2 long weeks of confinement Tyson gets his stitches/staples out of his belly incision from his foreign body extraction surgery. He's recoverying very well, finished his antibiotics last Saturday and so here's the last hurdle. Yippee!!

BxrMommieNAZ

Boxer Insane
thats great news. after two weeks of confinement watch out :LOL:

Well he hasn't been confined much (when I said confinement I meant more to the house (only outside to potty as we don't want that incision to get dirty and infected). As long as he would just walk around and lay down I've left him out (which my vet said was fine) since I am home all day, he was just in the crate when I had to leave or at bedtime which is normal for him although he'll be glad to get rid of the e-collar I'm sure. He just hasn't been able to run, jump, or play, which he isn't a hyper Boxer to begin with so he was happy to curl up and sleep on his pillow without any issues. it will be nice to take him down to the school with me again to pick up my son though, and take him out in the back yard in the afternoon to play for 15-20 minutes. And not have to flip out if he tries to do anything other than walk LoL. Oh and he can go upstairs again which will also be nice to get the crate out of my family room and back upstairs where he is used to.

BxrMommieNAZ

Boxer Insane
Update on Tyson

Well Tyson got his stitches/staples out woohoo!! and my vet said NO RESTRICTIONS he can have Nylabones, regular kibble not soaked in water, treats, exercise, the whole 9 yards...basically he gets to be normal LoL YIPPEE!!! Oh and he had gained a pound which considering he's only been eating the correct amount of food now for 10 days that's not too bad of a weight gain. You can still see his hip bones, but he is gaining so he just needs some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.