Getting divorced need temporary home for Cola

Status
Not open for further replies.

diego's heart

Boxer Insane
Originally posted by vasha
Lisa -

My friend is willing to help out if you'd like him to, email me if you're interested.

VaSHa frogicon

Woo Hoo appicon appicon appicon!!!! I hope the option works out for you both!

Mia's Dad

Boxer Booster
Renting

This may have already be mentioned but I lived in an apartment in ATL that did not allow pets over 35 lbs. and Mia lived there for over a year. I do not know if your landlord will keep good tabs on you, but I just wanted to let you know that it is done VERY often down here. Hope this helps... and I am very sorry for the trials that you are going thru right now.

Dodgn_AK

Completely Boxer Crazy
Hoping everything works out for you and Cola. Good luck. I moved into a condo with my boyfriend and his 100lb rottweiler and the condo association had a 35lb weight limit. :) They never said anything. Keep us posted and keep your head up.

CC

Completely Boxer Crazy
I can't really offer any help but best of luck anyway.

What happened? Is there no way you and husband can make arrangements to share care (or cost) of care until a permanent solution can be found?

Give Cola hugs - she probably knows you're upset and probably wants to give and get some comfort.

M

MollyMoose

As a recently divorced man, I feel greatly for your situation. I hope that you find a way to keep your baby. You'll be in my thoughts.

Alisha Mobley

Boxer Insane
I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. I've not had to face anything like this before...I'm trying to think of what I would do and to be honest I would lie. I'd find a place to live and if they didn't accept pets I'd tell them I didn't have any. You have to have a place to live and what the landlord doesn't know won't hurt them. You can have a temp sitter lined up just in case but I'd keep my dogs w/ me as long as possible.

If it's only for a month or so don't most places have to give you 30 days to get out anyway. If so then you'll have your month to get back on your feet and keep your dog the whole time.:)

Before we moved into our house we lived in an apt that didn't allow pets. We didn't have any at the time but a few months before our house was ready we bought a fox. I kept him hid for the first few weeks then after that didn't care. I knew they'd tell us to move but they had to give us 30 days. I knew our house would be ready in a month and we'd be moving anyway. About a week after we brought the fox out of hiding some people told on us :rolleyes: so the landlord called and of course told us we couldn't keep him. I told her we were moving out anyway and wasn't getting rid of him. She never said anything else.:)

MommyD.

Hope this helps

I am considerably far away, however I could help you out! I could watch her for you for about a month, maybe a little longer. I would not have a prob giving her back at all. I have been almost in the same shape, years ago. Someone had to watch our Rottie for us and it was heart wrenching. I hope all works out. Our dogs are very rough with my kids and they love it!! Let me know! Good luck!

Lisa, Have you decided on anything--there are so many people willing to help you out :) I know how hard it is to be away from your baby..and I am sorry to hear about your divorce. Wishing you all the best.

SouthernArt

Completely Boxer Crazy
I just wanted to say that I am sorry for the situation you are going through. I don't know what I would do or how I would deal with it, but I hope everything works out.

Oh, and about the legal agreement: If you can't get a lawyer to look at it, maybe both you and the other person could sign in front of a Notary Public, and that might help it be a bit more "professional". Just a thought...

Wow I am overwhelmed at the support you all are showing me, I am at work and in near tears - you all are too wonderful. I really appreciate all the words of encouragement and good advice, I actually never thought of a long term boarding kennel which my vet does offer kenneling and duh but I guess I just wanted Cola with a family with a nice warm comfy place to sleep and some human contact, not that my vet doesn't love Cola, who doesn't love my baby :rolleyes: she's spoiled and I know it, but in the mean time I think I feel most comfortable with the kenneling idea, once I find out the information I will let you guys know what the out come is and I will continue to look for some place to live and possibly 'sneak' Cola for as long as I can like somebody else suggested. You guys are all too smart! Great ideas! Vasha if all else fails I will be in touch, thank you! Thank you to all that opened their door to my girl, we truly feel loved! And as far as my husband, he never really cared for Cola, more so just tolerated her, I guess that should have been my first clue into this marriage huh :p all jokes aside this is one of the hardest things I am going through and again I really do appreciate my boxerworld family!!! Thank you Thank you Thank you. Much love and God bless you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.