Furkids just like skin kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZ Boxer Boys

Boxer Insane
I didn't realize how much skinkids and furkids are the same. Marley, who's about 6 months old, gets so crabby when he gets tired.

Normally our two boxers play well together, we try to keep them somewhat under control in the house so they don't drive us all crazy by the constant wrestling. If they start to get too out of control, I just tell them to stop it and they do.

But, we can always tell when Marley needs to take a nap - - he acts just like our children - - doesn't realize he's tired and just picks and picks at Justin, our other boxer. Just like a tired child will pick and pick at their siblings and never admit they're tired!

What things do your furkids do that are the same as your skinkids? :p

Cindy

Boxer_21

Boxer Insane
I don't have skin kids, but from observing the many that are in my extended family I can say that I've found this to be very true with my boys.

When you go to a store and buy two toys, one for each, they always want what the other "kid" has. Once they switch, they're happy for a few minutes, but they want the other one back again. Same thing applies to treats also, even when they're the same exact flovor/treat. :rolleyes:

Crazy kids... :LOL:

Scorpio

Boxer Insane
My skin kids are much older about I would have to say, they don't pick up after themselves either of them :LOL: Always have that whats for supper look? Both go to the door when the bells rings!Sibling rivilry for sure!

cama

Boxer Booster
I definitely didn't realize how much our Boxer would be like our children.

Let's see, there's the "talking back" when he doesn't want to do something. Usually he whines when I give the down command (he HATES that!) and when I make him "settle" when he's acting up.

There's also the looking over the shoulder to see if I'm watching when he's doing something he KNOWS he's not supposed to be doing.

Big sighs and pouting when he doesn't get his way.

And yes, he's an expert at the "Who, me?!" look. :rolleyes:

Charlene

jray

Boxer Insane
We are in the no skin kid catagory. We have two furbabies. How true it is when we buy them the SAME exact thing they fight b/c they want the others! Oskar is in the AZ boxer Boys catagory - when he is tired he is so bad! We give him nap time twice a day so he doesn't torment our other baby! :p

ljnash

Boxer Insane
Originally posted by AZ Boxer Boys
IBut, we can always tell when Marley needs to take a nap - - he acts just like our children - - doesn't realize he's tired and just picks and picks at Justin, our other boxer. Just like a tired child will pick and pick at their siblings and never admit they're tired!

I don't have skinkids either, but Beau acts just like Marley when he is tired. Beau torments Samantha when he is tired. He fights sleep like a skinkid does, too! He's calming down a little bit since I've had him (about 7 weeks), but it's slow!

And even though I have duplicate toys for each one, they want that ONE toy the other dog has!smashicon

Lenore

Status
Not open for further replies.