1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full grown at what age?

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by Penelopepup, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penelopepup

Penelopepup Boxer Pal

When will my puppy be considered full grown?

2. Caney Creek

Caney Creek Boxer Insane

The growth rate of boxer puppies varies, some reach their adult height by 7 months, and others not until 14 months. You can be certain that by 14 months she'll be done growing upwards. :)

After she's gotten as tall as she's going to be, she will start filling out and looking more like an adult boxer rather than a giant puppy. :) The "filling out" is a very slow phase and usually lasts until about 2 years old or more.

3. LILYLARUE

LILYLARUE Boxer Insane

They say with Boxers:

They grow up the first year.....
    Then grow out the second........

But their brains stay like puppies forever!

4. Cami

Cami Boxer Insane

Raine will be 16 months Nov. 1st. She has grown a full inch (at the withers) since she was 13.5 months (or the past 2.5 months). She had a bit of a growth spurt recently.
    She is all legs and looks sort of dainty since she put on that extra inch in height. She is 24.5 inches. I swear sometimes she will topple over!
    Her weight seems to have repositioned a bit and she seems top-heavy at 50 pounds. Now the filling out begins....or at least I hope so.
    I am not totally convinced that she won't add another 1/2 inch-ish in height. There is still a bit of a lump just at the middle of both front legs that needs to flatten out.

5. CrazyCharlie

CrazyCharlie Completely Boxer Crazy

hehe. Charlie grew upwards until he was about a year and half. Then he started growing outwards and that stopped at about 2 and half or so. He is 3 now and hasn't grown in either direction for a while. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.