Frustrated!! Pee in sleep!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichBoxerMom

Boxer Buddy
My boy just turned 1 a couple of weeks ago and for the past month he pees on the couch probably once a week during the night. Its always during the night when he is sleeping. He has had blood, fecal and urine test all come back normal. Will he outgrow this because I am getting frustrated!

NoxLumen

Boxer Pal
Hey there! So my dog Titan is my first boxer as well as first large breed dog, but I have had the same issues with him. I have a few questions first. (if you don't mind)

1) About how big is the pee spot?

2) (May be weird) Does your dog have any nightmares or twitches in his sleep?

3) Is it only on the couch or can it be in other places he is laying too? (Bed, floor, etc.)

TysonCheeto

Completely Boxer Crazy
I have read if there is any urine smell they will continue to go in that same spot/area i'm not sure what you have used in the past to clean it, but they make cleaners specifically for getting out the pee scent. I only know this because we are currently house breaking a puppy lol. I borrowed my sister's rug Doctor and there is cleaning solution for it they made specifically to get that scent out as well. I used it once a week during those first weeks of house breaking and I think it really helped! Just my 2 cents....it just popped in my head when I was reading your post...thinking maybe he's just attracted to that smell in that area!

TysonCheeto

Completely Boxer Crazy
Silly me :) he's doing it in his SLEEP, I'm sorry I thought it was just happening at night! Are you positive he is absolutely asleep while he's doing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.