Found male needs home in mid-TN

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritsmom

Boxer Pal
I posted a found boxer on the appropriate forum. I hope it is ok to post another similar thread here so that I can bring him to the attention of the rescues.

I brought home a male boxer, looks to be under a year old that my husband found looking through the trash at the park. He is starved, he is also unneutered. he is a fawn with white markings and black on his face. I fed him and he has a warm place to sleep but I cannot keep him. I was hoping that the local rescue may be able to help if I cannot find a home on my own, but I see that they cannot take in strays.

He has an underbite, but I am thinking that may be normal in a boxer after reading their breed description, but that I am not sure about. He seems quiet, although I know he must be exhausted. It was extremely cold here the last couple nights and he was most likely out in it. When I brought him into the basement I had the other dogs kenneled and when I crated him he just sat quietly and watched the other dogs with his head tilted to the side. he is quiet now so I assume he is sleeping. Any help on finding this guy a home would be greatly appreciated.

angleheart

Completely Boxer Crazy
You could try to see if he is microchipped. Take him a local vet or shelter to see if someone can scan him.

SILLY6PAK

Boxer Insane
Why does rescue have a policy against strays?

Good luck finding the boy a home and bless you for saving him.

spiritsmom

Boxer Pal
Oddly enough I found a boxer before, or better to say he found me. One day when I arrived home from a walk I discovered one had quietly followed me home. He wasn't microchipped, I looked all over for owners, put up signs, checked petfinder. No one. The lady who cuts my hair had just lost their long time dog and was looking for a boxer. perfect timing, and he has a great home. Tomorrow I will be checking to see if she would be interested in a brother for "Fred".

I have had him outside and he doesn't know much but he seems smart and has already figured out sitting down is way better than jumping up if he wants to be petted. And he WANTS to be petted. he must have had a leash on before but his manners aren't great on that, but in the first few hours I don't think a big training session is in order. But I was curious as to what he might know. he is SOO thirsty, and saw where the food came from and is fascinated with that place. I don't blame him.

I really have no idea how to feed a starved dog, but I gave him a normal bowl when he got here and just a bit more later. he has pottied outside so everything seems to be in working order, but his stomach is making noises so I imagine the food is great but his stomach is probably going to be in a turmoil. He just drops a treat, I'm not sure if he knows what it is. I have emailed and txt'd everyone I think would give him a good home, so far no replies.

spiritsmom

Boxer Pal
I forgot, the rescue doesn't take strays because they cannot adopt them out for 8 weeks due to TN law saying the owners have to have that mush time to find their dog. SO their kennel stays filled up with a dog they can't adopt. They don't take owner surrenders either. I know they must stay just overwhelmed with people wanting them to take dogs, and I guess they probably feel like the shelter dogs need to be their first priority since those dogs are in danger of euthanasia.

Murp.mm

Boxer Insane
God Bless you for saving this poor guy. You're an angel. He's is one lucky boxer. Have you tried posting signs that you have found a stray. Maybe he got lost and someone is looking for him. Either way he's is so lucky that you found him and are taking the time to care for him. Good Luck and I hope you find hime a wonderful home.

Kaybie's Mom

Boxer Insane
Is there a way you could post a picture of this boxer that you found? I know someone who lost their two boxers and they are searching the world for them. If you could post a picture so I could show it to them to make sure it's not their baby, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

spiritsmom

Boxer Pal
i would love to be able to get a pic, but I have to find someone to take it with their digital because I have none. We are actually getting a camera as a gift for each other for Christmas because ours has been malfunctioning. If their dog sounds in any way like the one I found, and matches up somewhat in age, I would be so very happy to talk to them to see if we could figure out if it could be theirs. He was wearing a collar. we are taking him to see if he is microchipped and going to put up some flyers. Also I looked through petfinder but he is not there.

I did find out that even with as hungry as he is, he is not food aggressive at all. he is a little afraid of being left alone when he is outside. he makes sure he can keep see you, just in case he gets lost again, I guess. what a sweetie he is!!

Kaybie's Mom

Boxer Insane
Ok, I am going to get a picture of the boxers they are missing and then I'll post it here so you can see if the dog you found looks like theirs. I know their boxer is not neutered because he has health issues that make it so he can't be neutered. I'll post back here as soon as I can get a picture of him. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.