found female gray face boxer in OHIO

Status
Not open for further replies.

brickM

Boxer Buddy
I am putting up notices anywhere and everywhere. Found this super friendly, very well trained, flashy fawn female, running in our five acres. She is very healthy, clean ears, beautiful teeth, a surgical scar indicating she has been fixed. No collar, no microchip. Natural ears, crop tail. I 'think' she is about 8 years old. Walks well on leash. Great dog. She has obviously had someone who cared for her, trained her well and kept her healthy. I am told I must keep her for 3-5 days before finding a home for her. I KNOW it will be difficult given her age. I have two boxers already, and our female is not happy with this one here.

Any help, suggestions are greatly appreciated. Local boxer rescues wont take her, but said they will put her notice up.

thanks

brick

Velveteen

Boxer Pal
aw that is SO sad!! maybe call all surrounding police stations/ county police? that definitely sounds like someone's pet. why wouldn't the local boxer rescues take her? stories like this make me seriously consider doing a rescue instead of a puppy for my next dog. :(

EAO76

Boxer Insane
aw that is SO sad!! maybe call all surrounding police stations/ county police? that definitely sounds like someone's pet. why wouldn't the local boxer rescues take her? stories like this make me seriously consider doing a rescue instead of a puppy for my next dog. :(

That's GREAT! You should consider a rescue for your next dog. There are literally MILLIONS of homeless dogs in the US. And many of them are purebred. I work with a Boxer Rescue in California and we have approximately 100 purebred boxers available at any one time. The local Boxer Rescue probably cannot take her because they are FULL! We are all full! There are so many irresponsible people who breed, don't spay & neuter, dump their dogs when they are too old, too sick, no longer a cute puppy, untrained (who's fault is that? Certainly not the dogs!), divorcing, moving, having a baby, etc. There is an endless list of stupid reasons why people surrender their dogs and that is the reason why the rescues are full and don't have room for a dog like this poor sweet senior!

To the orginal poster I hope someone is looking for this dog but many times they are not! Expand your search area. Many dogs travel amazing distances so check lost dog adds in all neighboring areas, even states. Call shelters that are outside your area. Check Craig's list etc. If you cannot find her owner advertise her with a great flyer & good quality picture highlighting all her positive attributes. Finding a good home for a senior can be done. Also if the reason your local rescue cannot take her is because they are full ask if they will accept her if you continue to foster her. If its just a matter of space this will solve the problem. Be creative & think outside the box. Share her on social networking sites, put fliers up at petsmart, dog parks, etc. Only one warning PLEASE check out any potential adopters thoroughly. There are MANY unscrupulous people out there that sound really great but in reality are animal hoarders or worse! If you place her with someone you don't know visit their home, check references , and stay in touch with them. I can tell you a million stories of people who thought the dog was placed with good people only to learn later that the opposite was true. Also have her microchipped and have the chip registered to you as the primary or secondary contact so that if she ever turns up at a shelter or as a stray you will be notified.

Last edited:

brickM

Boxer Buddy
thanks for the suggestions

both comments...thank you. You never know what might work. I spent most of the day on the internet search lost and founds. Registering her with any and all county shelters, I ran out to the mail carrier, UPS guy and the other delivery service we have, and asked them to keep their ears open. I also got with a wonderful lady at the Delaware county humane society. She showed me how to get to the local registered dog license and look up what kind of breeds they have. I am compiling a list and am to call her with the list. She is going to place calls and see if they are missing their dog.

I did place a craigslist ad of lost dog. I worked with a rescue before and have a good handle of how to screen people. BUT that is if anyone would want and older girl. She is really a beautifully bred boxer, very well trained and wants nothing more than cuddle. I can't believe anyone would dump her....but then I don't want to imagine what kind of person might.

brick

sasmeow

Boxer Insane
both comments...thank you. You never know what might work. I spent most of the day on the internet search lost and founds. Registering her with any and all county shelters, I ran out to the mail carrier, UPS guy and the other delivery service we have, and asked them to keep their ears open. I also got with a wonderful lady at the Delaware county humane society. She showed me how to get to the local registered dog license and look up what kind of breeds they have. I am compiling a list and am to call her with the list. She is going to place calls and see if they are missing their dog.

I did place a craigslist ad of lost dog. I worked with a rescue before and have a good handle of how to screen people. BUT that is if anyone would want and older girl. She is really a beautifully bred boxer, very well trained and wants nothing more than cuddle. I can't believe anyone would dump her....but then I don't want to imagine what kind of person might.

brick

What part of Ohio are you in? I would take her if I could, but Izzy wouldn't like it probably. I really hope you find that she has a loving home that is out there looking for her! How sad! Poor girl!

Status
Not open for further replies.