Forbidden??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeriLynne

Boxer Buddy
Hi, just wondering....when I go to view the picture gallery, it says that I'm forbidden to enter. Why?
Sincerely, TeriLynne.

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
Nobody can go to the picture gallery right now. :( It will be back eventually :)

uno

Boxer Pal
Terrilynne,

Ollie is in the process of changing the server which is why no one can go to the picture gallery. We've been unable to see the pictures for a while now. Ollie does this as a hobby (Ollie correct me if I'm wrong), and it's not a money making venture. You'll notice there are no advertisements on this site, which I absolutely love. Be patient, the pitures will be back soon enough.

Boxerworld

BW owner
Staff member
Originally posted by uno
Ollie does this as a hobby (Ollie correct me if I'm wrong), and it's not a money making venture. You'll notice there are no advertisements on this site, which I absolutely love. Be patient, the pitures will be back soon enough.

Hi Uno,

Yes, you're right. I have a quite busy full time job as chief products for Libertysurf Group (http://www.libertysurfgroup.com) and Boxerworld is just a big personal hobby home site.
I am often surprised to get sometimes angry emails from people because I do not reply to them quickly enough or because I have not put pictures of their dogs online yet etc but they need to understand this is not a company's website running a business.
I even got an "official" complaint once for providing bad company support because I haven't answered to an email - I emailed that "kind of consummers assocation" back and told them this was not a business site so there was no question of "providing bad customer support" because there is simply no customer... I can tell you they felt very stupid when they had to apologize ;)
The moderators here also do their job just as hobby because they certainly like the boxer community here, because they feel they have to help people etc. A big thank you to them as I would never be able to handle all the questions/requests without them!

Currently there is no advertisements on the site beside the banner for the chinchillas forums, which is in fact just a link to thank Freddie (the owner of that site) for his help when I transfered the forums from the old server to the current one. The rest of the site is still on the old box (per sample, it is still possible to see the old version of Agility Boxer at http://216.55.5.229/agilityb - the current version is at http://www.agilityboxer.com).
I want the site to pay for itself as I do not want to pay for it forever ($450 a month for the dedicated server + $30 a month for the chatroom and I don't count the paid scripts) so there will be some advertising by banners later to reduce the cost but I want them to be dog or pet related if possible.

Next week there will be many updates, and visitors will be able to send pictures again to the site before all the old pictures are back :)

Olly

Tom

Boxer Buddy
Ollie,
It's funny, if it does not cost anythin or is relatively cheap, people become incredibly arrogant and mean spirited when they don't get what they want right away.
Charge them a large sum of money and they can wait, I can't figue it out.
Thanks for your efforts and fine job.
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.