1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For those with multiple boxer babies....

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by Roxy'sNewMom, Mar 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roxy'sNewMom

Roxy'sNewMom Boxer Insane

I already have my Dyson!!!! lol
    I bought the regular one last year, but last weekend I went to HH Gregg and purchased the attachments for it for the furniture. If I didnt have a Dyson....my allergies would be SOOO bad!!! LOVE DYSON!
    Shaunna

2. Indy B's Mom

Indy B's Mom Boxer Insane

We bought our house in July 06 and it's about 1400 sq. feet with a 1/2 acre fenced. The fenced in yard is wonderful-we love it! Before we found our house, though, we were renting a TINY 2 bedroom house-about 800 sq. feet and no fenced in yard. It was getting tight with me, DH, DD, 2 dogs and a cat lol. Honestly, the animals didn't seem to mind either way-they prefer to be attached at our hips anyways lol. The only difference with them is I noticed how excited they were to have the yard fenced at the new house. I also got my Dyson for Christmas, since it's harder to keep a bigger house clean-I do miss that aspect of the smaller house-less to clean lol.

3. bayleighmom

bayleighmom Boxer Insane

We only have 1 boxer but have a mixed breed boy and a cat that is mainly inside for the winter. I have a Dyson and vacuum EVERY day. I spray the hardwood and vinyl floors with vinegar water and stick an old rag on my Swiffer to clean. I also am constantly spraying Febreeze. I change my furnace filter every 2 weeks and that seems to help cut down on the dust.

4. My Dutchess

My Dutchess Boxer Booster

I have deemed myself the crazy dog lady because we live in a rual area where 99% of the dogs in my area are lawn ornaments, including the 2 other boxers in my town! So the fact that I have three inside dogs that are treated like royalty is completely absurd to them! Our house is 1400 square feet with a 1/2 acre fenced in yard. Mine go out for 10 minutes at a time unless the weather is nice then they love to play and lay in the sun for a good hour or so. Only my female Dutchess has to eat in a seperate room because shes a true B*TCH and can't leave everybody elses food alone. Even with myself, my husband, two skin kids, and three dogs, I don't feel overwhelmed. It's perfect for our family!

5. BaconBits

BaconBits Super Boxer

People thought we were crazy getting a 3rd one. Our house is 1400 sq ft with no skin kids. It's plenty for all of us. They have a huge yard to play in. My girl is always sleeping somewhere so she's not in the mix of the chaos. The only thing that's small is the kitchen where we always like to hang out. The babies always want to be in there when I cook so I'm constantly stepping over them (which I've learned to do very well!). I am also constantly cleaning. I have hardwood floors and who knew they get so dirty with dogs. Everyone knows it's the dog house anyway. It suits us fine for now.

6. Lola's mum

Lola's mum Boxer Insane

We're getting our 3rd boxer next weekend and our house size is big enough. I don't think they take a lot of room up anyway.
    They don't have 24/7 access to upstairs because the cat lives up there (got to give her a safe haven) but they do come up with us a lot of the time. Downstairs we have a conservatory, a large kitchen/diner a long hall way (where they love to lay near the radiator ;)) and then the lounge. Our garden is a decent size for them to burn around in too.
    I think people have this vision of the dogs just milling around all the time and that's why they're shocked when you say how many you've got (in my case anyway) but it's not like that. Most days/nights they're sleeping, yesterday evening Lola was in the conservatory on her favourite chair and Zeb was in the kitchen in his bed all evening.
    Today when I got home from work Lola was in the lounge with my mum & Zeb was sunning himself in the conservatory :LOL:
    The only time there's a mess is when it's been raining and luckily we have hard floors throughout so I just get the mop out. I hoover everyday and always have (something my mum did daily so I do it too).

7. mguiette

mguiette Boxer Insane

talk about cleaning! we have 2 boys and no skin kids, ina 1400sq.ft. house, but our yard is pretty good size (corner lot, older home). the boys LOVE it outside, so during the day if it's nice out, we'll leave them out. other than that, they are always inside snuggling, playing, etc. plus, they climb up at night after we fall asleep to snuggle! it's the funniest thing... anyway, i am ALWAYS cleaning!! we steam-cleaned the carpets last weekend-- ugh, what a mess! i swear, we went over the "high traffic" dog area at least 8 times, and there's STILL dirt in there!! but it's SO worth it! it's also been a long time since i cleaned, b/c we don't have a carpet cleaner of our own yet.

8. My Boxer

My Boxer Boxer Insane

Small house, 900 sq ft, small yard. Last year, 3 dogs, and 2 cats, and every kid in the neighborhood in my yard! :LOL: They all have dogs of their own, but prefer to play with mine! When a new neighbor moved in and asked me which kid was mine, I answered, all the 4 legged ones, and he looked at me with surprise. No matter how big or small the house would be, they would always be in the same room as me! Wouldn't have it any other way. I ignore the comments.

9. Donna1969

Donna1969 Boxer Insane

Well, I have 2 kids (ages 14 and 5) a hubby, me, 2 cats (indoor only), and 2 boxer pups (both a year old) my house is a CapeCod style with 1200sq ft. The dogs do have a bit over 1/2 acre of level land to run on.

They are mainly indoors, only due to the nasty Winter weather but when they were younger, they were outside with us anytime we were out there. When they are inside they are confined to the den, living room and kitchen (pretty much the bottom part of the house) only because they are not trustworthy to be out of eyesite..well..ECHO isn't. And they terrorize the cats if they can run the whole house. When confined to only one area, they pretty much leave the cats alone. They do sleep upstairs when we go to bed. And even when I do let them roam the house, they tend to stick like glue to me and where I am.

I have all hard wood floors (we do have a runner going up the staircase)..I am forever pulling out the Dyson Animal (I finally got one!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT..SOOO WORTH THE $$) and using wet and dry swiffers. Come to think of it, i should by stock in swiffers :LOL:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.