Flyball or CGC

Status
Not open for further replies.

johann

Boxer Insane
How did it go with Johann this past weekend Kate?

Well, apparantly the match was last week. This weekend was a drop-in class and only myself and one other person showed up. lolicon So we let the dogs romp and play for 30 minutes, then ran through the course a few times. Johann wasn't bad, but has forgotten what "down" means. He did awesome on some exercises that we have not ever practiced though (moving stand/stay with me walking away) and his recalls were good....so overall I was happy.

I also learned that I am not quite up for a 2 hr dog class yet. :( Completely exhausted and sick by the time I got home. Hopefully will be back to normal by the middle of March because I'm helping set all the courses for my training center's 3 day rally trial. We shall see.

RockyCody

Completely Boxer Crazy
Well tonight is week 5 of CGC class. Rocky has been doing well - as long as he has his harness on. Even if I don't hook his leash to his harness - he acts better when it is on. It must have a 'calming' 'thundershirt' type effect on him.

I took off the harness towards the end of class last week and he still did pretty good! SO I guess we get two chances to pass the test on week 8. Maybe I'll try the first without his harness, the second with if need be.

I emailed his instructor and explained how Rocky changes 'moods' when he is wearing this and asking should i really test him in it or is he just a naughty boxer and will never pass. I asked him about getting a special toy to 'tire' him out prior to coming to class, like a joke....and He said this:

"Although I'm sure he'd love one of these, he's one of the calmer dogs I've had in the cgc class. You have no worries with that boy. He's a great dog."

WOOHOO!!!! That means we are on the right track and we are doing better than I thought!

Paws crossed we can finish strong these last few weeks and my boy can become a CGC/TDI dog!!

johann

Boxer Insane
"Although I'm sure he'd love one of these, he's one of the calmer dogs I've had in the cgc class. You have no worries with that boy. He's a great dog."

WOOHOO!!!! That means we are on the right track and we are doing better than I thought!

Paws crossed we can finish strong these last few weeks and my boy can become a CGC/TDI dog!!

You can do it. :) I'm sure Rocky will pass with flying colors. We almost didn't pass because of the separation part of it....practice that with someone Rocky doesn't know well.

I know I always think Johann is a naughty, crazy boy and apparantly always commented things like "I wish Johann heeled as well as that dog" or "Someday Johan will be that obedient". So trainer secretly videoed a few of our runs and I was so surprised. He does just as well....but I was focusing on comparing him to the labs/border collies/etc that I missed how well he is doing.

I'm pretty sure you can now test in a regular (not a no-pull) harness. :)

SnowDove

Super Boxer
It's not as difficult as it seems!

Daisy passed her CGC last night, and I was shocked! Her closest part to failing was walking through a crowd... Luckily, while she did make an effort to sniff everyone, she didn't actually lunge at the people!

I always train her with a no-pull harness; this was her first time working without it. I'm still surprised that she managed to get through, because she's always been a disaster when I've tried leash-to-collar... Go figure! I bet Rocky will pass with flying colors! :)

RockyCody

Completely Boxer Crazy
uhoh....

tomorrow is test day. I'm so nervous.

We did a 'mock' test last week and he did pretty well, but i was treating him in between each 'station'.

However, I'm hoping he decides to be a good boy tomorrow. Paws crossed everyone!

I told him if he does well i'll get him a mcD happy meal as a treat! LOL

RockyCody

Completely Boxer Crazy
Yay!!

Rocky passed his CGC! The tester told me he was the calmest dog there! They used him for the 'test' dog when meeting another person with a dog!

:) I'm proud of my boy! He enjoyed his McD :)

LILYLARUE

Boxer Insane
WHOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!! CONGRATS ON GREAT TRAINING!

Rocky, dear boy, you sure make your Momma proud! And a great respresent fella!!!

Where's the pic with his ribbon?! I bet he's all smiles and puffy chested!

Status
Not open for further replies.