1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flashy or not?

Discussion in 'Showing - questions and answers' started by Jaelle, Feb 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaelle

Jaelle Completely Boxer Crazy

I was wondering if my boxer is what you call a flashy boxer. She is dark brindle, with white on the paws, the belly, the neck and around the nose, with a line going up to the top of her head. She has the chest and a little part of the shoulders white too, and the only white she has on the back is a very special and well form P. That's why her name is Pénéloppe! :) And how do you know if your boxer is standard and has show qualities? I don't want to participate in showing, but I'm curious...

2. Krikkit

Krikkit Boxer Insane

3. Jaelle

Thank you for your help! After my reading, I can say I have a flashy boxer and I think she don't have big apparent fault to be a standard boxer. It hard to judge, but I tried the game You be judge on the site you send me and I had it pretty well... except I didn't know the British boxer type, now I know why I don't like as much the boxer on French (Europeen) sites as those american...:)

4. Jaelle

I just look at your pictures and my Pénéloppe looks a little bit like your Layla, with a little less white, more dark brindle on an almost red background... but she is very young for now, it's hard to say if she's gonna look like yours...

5. chickie1

chickie1 Boxer Buddy

Jaelle
    I think Penelope is a fine looking dog, she is almost a full flash. I too like the natural ears, and dont like the cropping thing.
    I am trying to achieve a full flash brindle with my girl.
    she is as what I call a black brindle, like penelope, but not as much white. she produces very large boned puppies.
    avg wt 80 lbs and a huge mastiff type head.

Good luck if you show

6. Jaelle

Thank you Chickie, but I don't want to show, I was just curious! As you can see, I didn't know a lot about boxer standard when I bought my baby, I didn't even know if she was what you call flashy! I though I was well informed, but since I'm coming on boxerworld, I have learn so much! Although, I knew it was the kind of dog that fits with me in caracter, exercises and all, I search a lot on that and it tooks a long time before I made a decision if I was ready for a dog and what kind of dog. I bough her from a breeder, but I don't even know if she shows! I saw the parents and I though she was beautiful and the parents too and they were all nice dogs so I take her... Full flash, it's when they have a full white large "collar" on the back of the neck with shoulders white too? You seems to have beautiful boxers, I like them large boned...

7. PawPrintBoxers

PawPrintBoxers Banned

Flashy Marked

Actualy, the real term is Flashy Marked. Just a way to describe the markings on a Boxer. We also say Semi-Flashy marked and Plainly Marked although I prefer that to be "Classic". Markings do not make a show dog for those wondering. They can enhance a dog but can also be a bad thing. Improper placed markings can make a neck look too thick, a shoulder too straight or draw your attention to a chicken front. Too much white on the face can ruin the lovely black mask expression our dogs are supposed to have. My preference is a lesser marked Boxer with no white collar. Of course, as a pet, it really does not matter their markings as long as you love them :)

Boxers are a medium sized breed and should be bred as such. A correctly proportioned Boxer is a lovely thing to see!

8. Jaelle

I've now learn that my boxer is flashy, I don't realy care because it's not for showing, she don't have a lot of white on the back, you can go see the pictures of my little Pénéloppe if you want on the link below... Anyway, she is the cutest and the loviest boxer in the world! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.