1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fish Smoker - plans (how to build)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Krikkit, Jan 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krikkit

Krikkit Boxer Insane

A freind of mine wants to make a smoker for fish, and as they do not have internet access I said I'd see what I could find. Am not having a lot of luck really so was wondering if anyone here had a clue about this type of thing? I think I'll be sick if I see yet another pic of a dead deer when looking for info :o I've found a Smoke Web Ring which I'll browse around soon.....

It is far easier to ask the ever resourceful Boxerworld members than search :)

Thanks for any info.

Sharon

2. Cindy and Lacie.

Cindy and Lacie. Guest

YUMMY!!!!!

Sharon,
    I have a couple of ideas for you. One is to look up "Big Chief" smoke houses. They are for smoking small amounts of fish, they are actually electrical and you use wood chips for them.

Another idea.......... we built a smoke house...... it looked like a hmmmmmm well a Outhouse,lol. This one we actually had a real fire in it, you had to watch it constantly (this means inviting all friends over and drinking beer).

Another idea, is to buy a book on smoking fish, I have one called "Smoking Salmon and Trout" by jack Whelan. In the book it explains different types of smoke houses, diff recipes and processes.

I actually think the real trick to smoking fish is the having a good brine to soak it in first. I also prefer my smoked fish more on the done side than some people. But a excellent process also is to smoke the fish for 1/2 the normal time and then can it!

\ If I can help at all let me know!

3. Krikkit

Krikkit Boxer Insane

Thank You

Cindy, thanks so much! Will pass all the info on :) The book sounds good.

You are my hero :)

Sharon

4. Cindy and Lacie.

Cindy and Lacie. Guest

5. Krikkit

Krikkit Boxer Insane

George, sounds good to me :) I was not interested in smoking food until I looked it up for my friend...but found a couple of sites about using a normal grill and think I'll give it a try.

Sharon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.