1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fish Jerky

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by joeys mom, Apr 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joeys mom

joeys mom Boxer Insane

I found a recipe here for chicken jerky that you bake first then dehydrate and Joey has went crazy over it. He literally stands at the dehydrator drooling and sniffing the air. I dont want him to get burnt out on it so I want a variety to offer him. I was wondering if anyone has tried dehydrating fish and if so how did they do it ?

2. Boomer Dog

Boomer Dog Boxer Booster

I have dehydrated fish and you follow the same steps as you did with the chicken. Just make sure you trim all the skin off and remove as much fat as possible. Try a few small pieces first before you go all in with a tray of it. Let me know how it goes!

Ryan

3. joeys mom

joeys mom Boxer Insane

I will.

What type of fish did you use? I was thinking salmon.

4. Boomer Dog

Boomer Dog Boxer Booster

I have done salmon, trout and tuna. Any large fish will work just fine. I would stay away from the smaller fish if you are catching them yourself, like sunfish and bass. Needs to be a thick piece to work well. I would grab some salmon fillets and cube them up. That's what I do most of the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.