First Time Visit for Alexandria of Dublin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Germany

Boxer Pal
Even though this is the 3 tour for me, it is Alexandria's first and I think she is adjusting well in Stuttgart. Alex is a 29 month old female brindle boxer with a black mask and white socks. She was born in Dublin, Georgia, thus the name Alexandria of Dublin. Alex is very loving and does this neat paperclip bend and twirls around when she greets us everyday from work. Her only downfall is that she is so skidish and we don't know why. She loves the snow (which it has been doing for 3 days straight) and even will attempt to catch snowballs. I have another dog named Buster who is a cocker spanial and is very protective of Alex who outweighs him by almost 30 lbs! All of our children are on their own (well almost, we still send home apartment money for the youngest!) and these two dogs have become our 4-legged children. Our youngest daughter actually went to puppy training classes with Alex. I highly recommend to anyone never having a puppy before, spend the money and time. You won't regret it. We are still working on a few bad habits, like doing her whiny moose call when she is bored! And then there is her snorting back at us when she doesn't like something! What a character she is!

lacied22

Boxer Buddy
nice to meet you and Alex. So what brought you from the states over to Germany? My husband is in the military and that is one of the places that we would love to be stationed! OK well anywhere in Europe would be cool. :) Well it's nice to meet you.

Germany

Boxer Pal
Overseas Assignments

My husband also was in the Army, retired in 1998, was picked up as a GS employee with full benefits prior to the new ruling which states all overseas hires will not get local quarters allowance (basically, your house, utilities, trash are free). We requested to move over when he was active status and it was granted. Guess it depends on your branch and what your husband does for the military and if there are slots available in that particular place. Keep trying!

Status
Not open for further replies.