First Pregnancy Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy Lyn

Super Boxer
After prompting by my boxer board family, and after being on a horrible message board for pregnancy, I'm posting in this section in the hopes that someone can answer a question about pregnancy for me. Here it goes, hope it's not too personal for anyone.

I went to the doctor's for my first appointment last week and she told me that I am eight weeks along. That sounded fine to me until I thought it out in my head afterwards and realized that that would make my date of conception August 4th - when in all actuality, the first day of my last menstration was August 9th. How is it that I'm now nine weeks along???? It doesn't make sense to me. She told me that my due date was May 16th, shouldn't my months be marked by the 16th of each month then? I'm totally confused by this.

I hope that I explained myself well enough, if not, I'll clarify, but I really hope that someone can help me with this.

Thanks all.

------------------
Amy Lyn
Wagner (Fawn, black mask) b: 04/25/00
Clark (Fawn, black mask) b: 03-11-99 (Rainbow Bridge 05-06-00)

Krikkit

Boxer Insane
Hi Amy, I don't have a clue, but just wanted to say Congratulations :D

FLOWER11.gif

FLOWER11.gif
FLOWER11.gif
FLOWER11.gif

Ona

Boxer Booster
First and formost CONGRATS!!

OK I am no doctor, but here is my 2 cents. When a ovary releases an egg it takes a long time for it to get to the womb. So Yes, an unfertialized egg landed in the womb and your body "flushed" it's self out. At the same time your other ovary said, "Time for another one" and released another one. (the ovaries take turns releaseing eggs). Conception acually happens in the Flo-tubes, ( I am not going to ever try to spell that word.) So when the Fertalized egg landed in the womb it stayed to be a BABY!!!

OK so, your conception date is Aug. 4th it takes days for the egg to get where it needs to go. hence the over lapping days of period and conception.
I think the egg releasing is kinds like paying rent a month in advanced. August's egg is (was) for October's period.
I think..... May be a breeder will know the answer, they need to know all this stuff. I

Are you jumping up and down with sheer happness? Have you been thinking of names?
Are you going to cheat and find out the babies sex before the birth? I am sooo happy for you.

I hope that this all makes some kind of sence.

------------------
Ona
Derek-rainbow bridge at 14 and 1/2
Tyler-rainbow bridge at 10 months
Currently dogless

malinda

Completely Boxer Crazy
I don't have a clue either. The only kid I have is my boxer but wanted to say CONGRATS.

------------------
Mom of Megan-flashy, female, fawn boxer. Natural ears and docked tail. Born 5/23/00.

Sabrina Jay

Boxer Insane
The *charts* the doctors use is very easy to calculate on your own.....

The FIRST date of your last menstral period, take that date and count back 3 months then ADD 1 week to it.

You have to remember, the due dates are ESTIMATES only. A baby born between 38-40 weeks gestation is normal. Or is it 38-42 weeks gestation???? Its been too many years for me!! LOL

Congrats on your pregnancy!

------------------
Sabrina Jay JeSaJay's Boxers

Sabrina Jay

Boxer Insane
I also forgot to mention that most people rely on 4 weeks being in each month...remember, some months have 5 weeks. :)

------------------
Sabrina Jay JeSaJay's Boxers

Happy Happy Joy Joy!!! :)

Well it's been quite a few years since I had my "little" boy (he'll be 10 in Jan. ) but my daughter was concieved in Aug. '84 on approx. the 18th of that month. My Dr. insisted I was due on May 9th '85. Well she was born on May 23rd, 2 weeks late! My Dr also assured me that 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after is all perfectly normal. My 2nd child was a week early (trying to make up for his big Sis ) during a minor Blizzerd!

So my advise to you is just let nature take it's course and be prepared for the "Unexpected!

[EDIT] here is a link to a due date calculater
http://www.mayohealth.org/mayo/common/htm/duedate/duedate.htm
I hope this will help.Also try a search on Pregnancy at www.lycos.com
Thats were I got this link from, they had a lot of good looking web pages with info that you may find helpfull.
------------------
Jennifer
much Loved companion of
Greta the Boxer, 2/6/89
Flashy Brindle, cropped with natural ears

Greta's story www.angelfire.com/games2/leedsdevil/

or Family Pics http://community.webshots.com/album/4482780oYztpZCqFo

[This message has been edited by LeedsDevil (edited 10-10-2000).]

Hunter's Moon

Boxer Pal
Congratulations!!!!!!!!
If I remember correctly the Dr's always told me give or take 2 weeks. So if your due date was May 1st..it could be 2 weeks before May 1st or 2 weeks after. I think this is because every womans cycle is different.
I wish you luck :)
I have 2 skin kids
Jordan 4yrs (weighed 10lbs at birth)
Kaleigh 23 months (weighed 11bls 1oz)

~Sandra~

------------------
Hunter, Mahogany Brindle Male born October 18,1999
cropped ears and docked tail

[This message has been edited by Hunter's Moon (edited 10-10-2000).]

Robyn

Completely Boxer Crazy
Hi Amy Lyn! They always go by the first day of your last period. So theoretically, they count 2 weeks of your pregnancy when you probably really are not yet pregnant. In a 28 day cylcle, the majority of women will ovulate on the 14th day, 2 weeks later you would get your period (or not). They then would consider you 4 weeks pregnant, because it has been 4 weeks from your last period. Crazy, I know, but that's how it works. Also, May 16th is my babies birthday!!! They were born almost 5 weeks early. My labor was induced because I had developed pre-eclampsia (high blood pressure and your body also starts to be unable to filter out toxins). Callie Michelle was first and weighed 6 lbs. 6oz. and Cole Matthew came 7 minutes later and weighed 6 lbs. 1 oz. Both were 18 1/4 inces long.

I believe its 38-42 weeks is normal because both of my c-sections were scheduled for 38 weeks to assure I would not go into labor.

------------------
Cindy Corl
Lacie female, brindle, natural ears,7-17-99

Status
Not open for further replies.