1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

finally safe

Discussion in 'Stories' started by vrlebouef, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vrlebouef

vrlebouef Boxer Pal

I just wanted to share my rescue story.... My poor baby was surrendered to the Animal Shelter right before Hurricane Rita hit Lake Charles La. One day i was surfing the net for boxers cause I had just lost my other baby boy (also a rescue) and was having boxer withdrawls!!! Anyway I saw a pic of him and it was love at first sight!!!! I filled out the paperwork and got the call to go and meet him.... as soon as I walked in its like he knew I was there to pick him up. He came home with me... an hour drive.. I never realized what he might have gone through till friends came over one night.... one of them clapped her hands together really loud and he came springing up from a lazy nap and cowered down watching the ceiling. That's when I realized that he had been left at the shelter in a cage while the Hurricane took apart most of the city and the shelter that he was at. Now as soon as it clouds up I have my baby sitting in my lap and hug him and let him know that Mama is gonna take care of him always. It's been a little over a year that he's with me and I could not imagine not having him there to greet me when I get home every day. In fact I have been checking out the rescue that I got him from and saw there was an older gal there that just might be a new owner for me!!!! Now I know what unconditional love means!!!! I always tell everyone about the rescue groups.... those babies there have sooo much love to give and don't ask for anything but love and a warm place(mainly in your bed) to sleep but give all. My chaz is so special.... my father is very sick with Parkinson's and has trouble walking but Chaz stops kidney beaning as soon as he sees that grandpa is at the door. He lets him come in and sit then puts his head on Grandpas lap for the pet he knows he gonna get!!!

2. ZOE*BOXER

ZOE*BOXER Boxer Insane

My Zoe is a LABR pup as well. We got her in 2003. We of course brought her to Baton Rouge when we evacuated there for Katrina. My Flash is a Katrina rescue. We are in Gretna, about two miles out of New Orleans. Welcome here. :) It is a fun place and a great resource. I agree with you on the rescues, it is like they know you have rescued them. Congrats on your rescue and many more.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2007
  3. crowpete

crowpete Boxer Insane

What a wonderful story :) Chaz sounds like the perfect match for your family appicon Thank you for giving him a wonderful home!

4. lisasentous

lisasentous Boxer Insane

What a wonderful story, the world would be such a better place if everyone had such a kind and caring heart.

Sounds like your got yourself one hell of a friend for life. appicon

5. Slobberchops

Slobberchops Boxer Insane

Thanks for sharing your lovely story with us,Chaz is a lucky boy to have you,hope you get the other girl that's waiting for you at the rescue shelter:)

6. whitedaisy

whitedaisy Boxer Booster

Thanks for sharing such a sweet story!:)

7. paysmom

paysmom Boxer Insane

What a great story!!! Chaz sounds like a wonderful boy!!!
    I LOVE happy endings!!! Thanks for sharing!

8. marciafinn

marciafinn Boxer Insane

What a happy ending for your baby!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.