1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Female Runt and heat and other questions....

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by PeachesLuv, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeachesLuv

PeachesLuv Boxer Pal

Hey everyone, first time boxer owner so have some questions.
    I have a female fawn boxer, aquired her when she was 7 months old, she was born april 19 2012 , so that makes her just over a year today, i was told she was the runt of the litter and my vet and groomer agree she will be much smaller then the usual at just 44 lbs anyways may 2nd she started her first heat (shes not fixed obv) but her heat lasted for just over 3 weeks. Yesterday (june 19th) i took her back to the dog park knowing she was well over her heat anyways every male tried to have a go at her! Why is this? (she rolled away from them and ran) but also there was a female boxer there and i couldnt help but notice she was extremly bigger then my female yet my females teets and vagina are twice the size of hers(the regular sized boxer)! is this normal? is she just a bigger gal even though shes a runt? any help or input would be appreciated

2. Caney Creek

Caney Creek Boxer Insane

I don't have any experience with dogs in heat but maybe she could have still been in the end of her heat cycle? :confused:

If the other female boxer was spayed before ever going through a heat cycle, that would explain why her nipples and vulva were not prominent. I've also heard that spaying a dog before it is full grown can somehow result in the dog growing to be taller than normal.

3. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

It would think that is pretty normal for a female that has just been in heat. She probably still smells very attractive, so that would explain the other dogs behavior.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.