Female/Female boxers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dianna

Boxer Booster
I don't believe female to female is a good combination no matter what the dog breed. When I was young we had a female German Sheperd and my mother was insistent on getting another female to be her doggy friend. I think we went through 3 other girls, and lots of battles, before my mom gave up the idea. We got a male, and never a problem.

WoodHead

Boxer Pal
Pairs of dogs

I think having a male, female pair is great. I had that with Doberman dogs for a couple of life spans. I'm sort of considering getting a female to go with my four year old male Boxer now. Woody is very playful when we have time to play with him and I work at home and he comes to see me when he want's a snack or barks to go out but mostly while I'm working he just lays around. I think he'd get a lot more excersize if he had a younger female in the picture. Somehow as pack dogs I think theyre more comfortable with their mates there. I'm looking at the Florida Boxer Rescue site and will probably join their program as a volunteer and take a foster dog to test the theory.

jaxynpuppy

Boxer Pal
2 females

I think 2 females of any breed or even species can be catty to one another. it all depends on the little lady herself. As for a hyper dog, I just have a puppy still and he has way more energy then myself. So when he starts to get to be to much in the house and I dont have time to take him to the off leash area. we run him on the treadmill. He loves it!!! He runs for a about 5-10 minutes and jumps off all excited and worn out ready for a treat and a nap !! I deal with the excessive activity by giving him activity. We are hoping one day to be able to have a friend for him but right now we have 3 kids a cat and our jaxyn. We do what we can to survive them first.

Status
Not open for further replies.