1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Female Boxer Size and Growth

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by Addie Girl, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Addie Girl

Addie Girl Boxer Pal

My Addie is a little over 8 months old and weighs 43.6 lbs. and 21 inches tall - she is all skin and bones! I have noticed several other boxers about her age that are much larger/filled out. Addie is healthy and eats/exercises well, I am not too worried about her, but as her Dad was close to 85 lbs and Mom close to 70, I am curious as to what some of your boxers weighed around this age.

2. MomofMillie

MomofMillie Boxer Booster

Millie is 7 months and hit the 41lb mark last night. BUT she was also sick about 2 weeks ago and lost 5 lbs, so I don't know if she would have been heavier had she not been sick. She is about 19'' tall I think. They will grow at different rates though.

3. gmacleod

gmacleod Elusive Moderator Staff Member

Your girl doesn't weigh much - but she's not small ;) The breed standard stipulates that bitches should be between 21-23 inches tall. At 8 months, your girl is far from finished growing, but she's already at the minimum adult height for females. The strong chances are that she'll add another inch or two in height before she's finished growing (I'd bet on 2 inches, personally - which will put her at the maximum correct height).

I'd also hazzard a guess that she's just one of the type who spends all her energy on growing upward before she's going to fill out to match (many boxers grow that way). On that basis then, you could expect her to continue to creep upward over the next 6 months or so. And only once she's finished with upward growth, to start filling out her frame to match (which would likely take a further year to 18 months). If I'm about right on her final height, then (at correct weight) you could probably expect her to weigh somewhere in the region of 60-65lb. If she ends taller than 23", then you'd also expect a corresponding increase in weight.

4. Biff

Biff Boxer Insane

Biff is 14 months old, and he has just started "filling out". Honestly, he was "Gangly Long Legs" for months, but he has only now lost that anorexic look (My DD's words! :LOL:)

He's still not heavy, 26 kilos (57 lbs or so), but he's fit and healthy, and that's the main thing :)

I can't remember what he weighed at 8months, but I'm guessing it would have been about the same as Addie, if not less.

5. Addie Girl

Addie Girl Boxer Pal

Thanks for the info! She is a tall little girl, and very skinny, but perfectly healthy :) Her back leg muscles are HUGE and then her ribs are clearly visible, she tends to look a little funny as she grows (ha head too small for body body to small for head, different odd proportions at times)
    Anyway, I don't mind her being smaller, I was just curious because she is different from a lot of the other size posts :) Those also didn't state male/female though.
    Thanks again for all your help!
    Kristen

6. bayleighmom

bayleighmom Boxer Insane

Bayleigh is 2 years and 7 months. She is now 62 pounds, not sure of her height. She was ribby and leggy til around 2 years. She has really filled out in the last 6 months and has more of the boxer stature.

7. tracerwave

tracerwave Boxer Booster

I'm so glad you asked about this!

I came home yesterday after a month away and about DIED when I saw my sweet baby Lola!

I measured her the day I left, she was 18 1/2 inches, I measured her this morning (same place) and she's 22 1/2 inches (ground to between shoulder blades). She's only 5 1/2 months old!!?? What the heck?! I've always been suspicious she was a cross because of the insane flying ears and rather long nose but what on earth grows 4 inches in 4 weeks??? I had the pitbull fear (no offense pit lovers) but don't have it anymore with this height at this age?!?! She's also pretty lean but that makes sense, no way her bulk could keep up to the height.

IF she is supposed to keep growing one can only imagine how tall she'll be?!??! I'll get a new pic on the gallery when I can (I need to FIND the camera in the luggage) but was I also interested about female growth. Anyone else's 5 month olds this tall??

I'm SO glad to be home with her after so long *sniff* I MISSED my baby!!!

8. Franko

Franko Boxer Pal

Marci is 9 months today and weighs in at 46lbs, but her appetite is growing so I assume she is about to have a growing stint.

9. shastadaisy

shastadaisy Boxer Buddy

Shasta will be 10 months in a week and she's about 50 pounds. I weighed her at 9 months and she was 48.6 pounds. I don't know her height though, but she does have long legs and has that lean look. Her dad was a tall lean muscular 95 pounds and her mom was 70 pounds. So I'm guessing she will top off at around 65 pounds. She's really slowed down in the past few months as far as her weight. Seems like she's been in the 40's forever. However she has grown taller like a bean stalk! So I suspect her to start filling in soon.

10. Slobberkiss

Slobberkiss Boxer Booster

Lana is 2 years, 3 months and weighs 60lbs. The first year she grew like a weed in hight and was pretty skinny too. Looked kind of funny at times with her long legs. She really started filling out after about 1 1/2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.