1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fantail Doves!!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by pammyjean, May 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pammyjean

pammyjean Boxer Insane

DOES ANYONE HAVE A DOVE COTE????????

Hi my friend has two fantail doves, at the moment they are sitting on eggs, when they have hatched out , she is going to give me two babies lovicon we purchased a dovecote last year, but have no doves at the moment , does anyone on Boxerworld keep doves??????? My friend is a novice and knows very little about doves , only what she has read in books , how do you know what sex they are , can you keep two females, or two males in a dovecote. Any help would be appreciated. :confused: :confused:

2. Greg

Greg Boxer Booster

Got Doves

Hi PammyJean, I 've got RingNeck doves. I've had them for years and had lots of babies. I don't know much about them because I recieved the first two as a present four years ago from a former girlfriend. She left, Doves stayed. I can tell you that ringnecks can live together. I now have a total of six, each time we have babies I give them away, when they eat and drink alone. Most I give to friends and some I give to local pet store. I never charge anything for them, just give them away. I know the males laugh outloud, almost human laugh. The females cooo alot. Tell your friend good luck. If your friend is like me, animals that come here never leave.

3. pammyjean

pammyjean Boxer Insane

Coo Thanks Greg!!!!!!

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your reply, I was beginning to think that there were no bird fanciers out there. nonoicon Friday my friend rang me to tell me one of the eggs had hatched , she peeped in the dove cote and there it was , a tiny chick, lovicon but there was still one egg to hatch. Next day she went out to the dovecote and found the other egg on the ground. We decided to call the chick Uno , unfortunately today we looked in and there was no chick insight, we had seen a magpie hanging around so it may have eaten the chick. :mad: :mad: Still theres always another time!!!!!!! Sorry to hear your girlfriend left, glad the doves stayed with you. Thanks again for your reply. ;) :rolleyes:

4. Greg

Greg Boxer Booster

Dovetails

Hi Pammyjean, Sorry to hear the baby got snatched up by mean old magpiesmashicon . Tell your friend not to worry because those Doves just keep on laying eggs. It won't be long and she'll have more eggs. It's a regular thing with Doves.

5. pammyjean

pammyjean Boxer Insane

Will keep you updated!!!!!

Coo thanks Greg I will keep you updated on the dove saga:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

6. Debbie Magon

Debbie Magon Boxer Pal

That is terrible Pammy! Some birds are really mean!!!. We have Minor birds here and they throw the little sparrows eggs on the ground and lay there big old eggs in the nest and poor old sparrows have to raise the ugly minor babies!!

I dont have doves but we have very friendly fantails. They dip and swoop very near , while in the garden working. They are very sweet but easy prey for the cats. My cat has to wear a bell now. :LOL:

7. pammyjean

pammyjean Boxer Insane

Hi Debbie

Hi Debbie,

It was so sad about the baby dove , :mad: :mad: but my friend says next time her doves have more babies I am first in line to get them.partyicon

We have collared doves and big fat wood pidgeons nexting in the trees around us. Ginty quite likes the collared doves and lets them settle down and eat bird food next to her, but the big fat wood pidgeons she is'nt so keen on, and chases them away.nonoicon nonoicon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.