Eye discharge

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankieT

Boxer Pal
Hey everyone...my 11 month old male has clear/white eye discharge. He has it a lot and I'm not sure if I should be concerned or not. He does not paw at his eyes or show any discomfort. His eyes are clear, I don't see any cloudiness or anything along those lines. Is there anything I can do or should I not be concerned? Thank you in advance for the help

vickilamotta

Boxer Pal
Did it just start? My guys have always had this. Pretty sure its normal. Never had to mention to the vet. I just wipe away with a tissue.

prittiegirl

Super Boxer
It is likely typical boxer discharge. My girl has it too. What you do want to watch for is a change in colour of this discharge - yellow or green's usually not a good colour, and can indicate an infection.

FrankieT

Boxer Pal
He has had it...I just wanted to make sure it was a normal boxer thing...no change in color...and I just do the same, I wipe it away. Thank you for calming my concerns

jacquim

Boxer Booster
My boxer has this as well. My border collie has constant brown eye crusties as well. As long as his eyes don't look irritated, it isn't changing colour, and doesn't seem to bother him it isn't an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.